What should I do with my thin lips?

My lips are very very thin and shapeless. When I talk or smile the teeth are barely visible. I feel that they are making my face very unattractive and unfeminine. I am not sure what type of procedure should I use. I am afraid that fillers would be not enough for nice result and I am scared of "duck face" effect. All I want is to get natural looking nice lips that will suit my face. I don't need huge lips.

Lip Injections and Fuller Lips

You are the perfect candidate for lip injections and injecting with artistry matching your facial contour and natural lip line will avoid the "duck" look.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns. Lip augmentation with injectable fillers can provide a beautiful and natural result. I think technique is key and would recommend to seek a highly experienced injector. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

What should I do with my thin lips? (Photo)

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  I think you have an attractive shape to your lips but if you are looking for an overall volume enhancement, dermal fillers are an excellent manner to do so.  Safe, predictable, and flexible, fillers can add definition and size to your lips, while improving any existing asymmetry.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation in order to maximize your results. Hope this helps. 

Filler for Natural Lips

The key to a great lip augmentation with filler is to inject conservatively, keeping in mind your facial features to create lips for you. Very natural lips are most easily achieved using a hyaluronic acid filler and injected in a way that suits your face, simply enhancing what you already have. Particularly for those who desire a natural result, it is important to find a doctor who believes in injecting conservatively -  you can always add more later! Find a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon willing to customize a treatment plan to fit your goals and I think you will be pleased with the outcome.

Dennis Gross, MD

Lip enhancement

Thank you for your photos.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation with injectable fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane.  Be sure to see an expert injector.  You can achieve very nice and natural looking results.  Good luck!

Lip augmentation

you appear to be a good candidate for lip augmentation. The approach to this can either be done surgically or with injectable fillers. Injectable fillers are a very nice  Way to temporarily enhancet the lip. The nice thing about the most commonly used fillers is that they can be dissolved if there is a problem or if you are unhappy with the result. Surgically, and implant could be placed, or the lip can be enhanced using tissue from your own body. In my practice I have had  great results  taking either approach. Most commonly, I am using injectable fillers for natural  appearing lip enhancement  without looking ducky.  The appearance of "duck lips"  following filler is dependent on the injector and usually is the result of inexperience. Be certain that your injector is  board-certified in one of the core specialties and is an expert in facial aesthetics.   By doing this you should enjoy very nice results and achieve balance and proportion while avoiding being overfilled.   Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur. One syringe is typically $500.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Restylane Silk Can Make Lips More Feminine, Natural

Don't be afraid of lip treatments based on bad jobs you see on celebrities. A well-done lip enhancement should be natural and beautiful. Your board-certified dermatologist will analyze your face, talk with you about the more feminine, fuller lips you desire, and come up with a plan that will enhance your natural beauty.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. You are an ideal candidate for injectables. Lip augmentation through injectables is becoming increasing popular. The procedure adds volume to thin lips and can assist in solving asymmetrical lips. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers like Restylane Silk for a Natural Appearance

For lips like yours I suggest using a filler like Restylane Silk as it is a very natural and soft filler that gives results that are long lasting and very natural given the technique of the injector behind the syringe. I suggest seeking an expert cosmetic surgeon in facial fillers.

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician