Strange shaped breast 6 weeks post op with flat nipple. (photo)

Approx 20 days after my op (425cc sub muscular) my right nipple changed from rounded to an oblong shape being flat on the underside. The scar and tissue in this area seem harder than the other breast. Is this normal or should I go back to my surgeon. I also don't have any sort of drop on my breasts yet to a nice rounded shape, they are very 'pointy' is this expected.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Strange shaped breast 6 weeks post op with flat nipple.

Thank you for your question and photographs and congratulations on your surgery.  Due to your recent surgery you are experiencing some swelling to your breast tissues that when combined with your areola incision is causing your current appearance.  As your breast skin relaxes and stretches and your swelling resolve you should see a return to a normal breast contour.  Hope that this helps.  

Strange shape

It is far too early to be concerned about your implants.  As the implants drop, the flat area is likely to round out, as will the "pointiness."  You should end up with a very nice result.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Too early

Based on your description and pictures, everything appears to be satisfactory. However, you should definitely see your plastic surgeon for any concerns that you may have. At 3 week it is still to early to make any determination about the final shape of the breast with the implants in place.
Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Healing

Hello, you are expected to have changes in your breast early on after an augmentation. If you are having asymmetry or one side is healing/feeling different then the other, its always helpful to have your PS examine the region to make sure everything is healing appropriately. 

Is my result normal?

From your photos, you appear to be progressing as expected.  The areola shape and inferior pole flattening is likely secondary to the incision, healing and scar formation along the dissection tract to place the implant.  Implants settle usually love 3-6 weeks, but can take 3-6 months.  Follow-up with your surgeon to make sure are going as they should.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon