Raised scar 3 weeks post rhinoplasty. Is this normal this far out?

I'm approximately 3 weeks post-op after open rhinoplasty, and I'm beginning to get concerned about the scar. From underneath, the raised scar doesn't distort the shape of the nostrils, but I'm not confident in my body's healing following the surgery. Where the incision meets the inside of the nostrils, there is a raised bump on both sides (bump in left nostril is bigger than bump in right). I've seen others who have had the surgery and don't have a raised scar. Is this normal this far out?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.

Kind regards

Rhinoplasty healing

Dear Crsmas,

The question you ask is a very reasonable one, but the information that I can offer is very speculative as there are no accompanying images.  It is not uncommon for scars to appear more full and more colored at around the 3-4 weeks after surgery. Each physician has her own particulars in the treatment of surgical wounds after surgery and I would recommend that you follow up with your primary surgeon to review your concerns.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon