What would help my profile and saggy chin? Chin implant, lipo, or botox in neck? (Photo)

Hello I'm 40 and my double chin or "small" chin has bothered me since my 20s but now that I'm older it's starting to look aged. My sister always said I should get a chin implant and now I am thinking she might be right. I've also looked into Liposection or Botox under the chin and not sure which one would be a better fit. Looking for advice from plastic surgeons. Thanks ! I would love to have taught chin and a clean profile.

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

In my practice we like a combination of VASER and ThermiRF.  I suggest kybella as an alternative.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Options?

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what the best option for you would be. 

All the best. 

Improving My Profile and Sagging Chin

A chin/jowl implant with liposuction of the area under the chin or an implant with a neck lift will give you the profile that you seek. An examination would clarify your options depending on your goals and expectations.

What would help my profile and saggy chin? Chin implant, lipo, or botox in neck?

Hi, I have performed many chin augmentations, using a chin implant, over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is very weak creating an imbalance that makes the nose appear larger, the lower face short and the mid face appear top heavy while de-emphasizing the loips and allowing early "double chin" formation. Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.  I would combine liposuction and skin removal through the small incision under the chin.  I frequently perform Chin Augmentation in 30 minutes or less often using a local anesthetic alone.

Hope this helps.

Jawline, Chin

Hi jennywindsor. It is difficult to tell from your photos whether you would benefit from a chin implant, however your chin does not appear that weak. Your neck region appears to have excess fat, which can either be treated with Liposuction or Kybella (a new medication which dissolves fat under the chin). Your issue seems to be more of a fat issue than an excess skin problem I do not think Botox into the neck would benefit you at all. Good luck. Best, Dr H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging profile

Your profile appears to demonstrate more of a problem with the neck and the jawline so I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and consider the many treatments available for the neck and Botox for the jawline. then see what the chin looks like and see where to go from there

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  There are many options available to you to help improve your chin and jaw profile including surgical, nonsurgical, permanent, and temporary methods.  Surgical options include either an osseous genioplasty which cuts and slides your own jaw/chin bone to make it more pronounced, while a chin implant can achieve similar results with implantation of a silicone prosthesis.  These would lead to more permanent results.  Nonsurgical and temporary methods would include placement of a long acting dermal filler into the chin which can be adjusted over time as you age.  Any of these options will likely improve your lower chin tissues but if it does not, chin liposuction or the newest fat dissolving medication, Kybella, can be used to address the double chin.  Hope this helps.

Options to improve chin/neck

Many options exist. I agree with your sister – at a minimum, consider a chin implant. Even that alone will make your neckline somewhat better, especially in profile. As far for what to do under your chin, at the front of your neck, it depends on your priorities. If you value a minimally invasive procedure above all else, the CoolMini, Ultherapy, or injections of Kybella might give you a modest change – or might give you nothing. If you go his route, it does not make sense to have chin implant surgery and recovery. Consider Restylane Lyft or Voluma chin augmentation instead to avoid surgery completely. 

Liposuction, with or without isolated tightening of the front of the neck muscles, is likely to give you moderate result, but will not improve your jaw line, which is beginning to loosen. Early jowls may appear accentuated once the front of the neck is fixed, and, regardless, will continue to progress with time. Unfortunately, if you want the best, most natural result, that works most predictably, looks the best, and lasts the longest, a well-done jaw line and neck lift is your best option. It is also the most expensive and most invasive, with a downtime of almost 2 weeks. 

Consult, in person, a surgeon who offers all of the above options and uses them all routinely. Get a full exam and explanation, then decide what is the best fit for you, your lifestyle, your desires, and your budget. 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox - will it help my sagging neck?

Thank you for your question about your jeck.

• You are wise to consider various options.
  • Botox is unlikely to help - it softens tight muscles and you neck isn't showing muscle bands.
  • A small chin implant with central neck muscle tightening (lift) and liposuction will give you the look you want.
  • Liposuction alone may be recommended but when the problem is long-standing, muscle usually needs tightening as well, for your best result.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Sagging Chin and Best Treatment NYC

I would definitely recommend a combination of Thermage and Kybella for tightening the skin/jowls and reducing the fat under the chin.  The new coo-mini piece from Coolsculpting also works very well.  Please consult a cosmetic expert for the best advice.  Best, Dr. Green