What procedures would I need to fix the sagging skin after a weight loss? (photos)

I have some sagging skin that I am very self conscious about, after losing over 50 lbs, and also some stretch marks on the sides of my abdomen. I don't like the love handles that I have and I absolutely hate my chest area as well. I usually wear a compression shirt just to look somewhat normal, & I am tired of looking fat, even after losing weight. What procedures should I look into to have these problems corrected and what is the estimated cost for those procedures?

Tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question!  You would be a Canidate for liposuction with a tummy tuck! Seek a board certified plastic surgeon, and have a consultation.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certifed Plastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question about Male Tummy Tuck.

Your possible options include:

• Skin excision for male breast reduction
  • Tummy Tuck
  • Lower Body Lift

To be sure what might be best for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Body lifting after 50 pound weight loss

Thank you for asking about your body lifting.

• Before you know the cost, you need a plan as to what is needed.
  • Start with a detailed consultation to discuss every thing you don't like and the best treatment.
  • It will probably be a combination of removal of excess skin (body lifting) and liposuction.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction vs. tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to determine what is best suited for you based on your pictures.  I would recommend an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if liposuction or a tummy tuck would best address your concerns.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

In person exam required

Its not easy to tell from the pictures, but you might do better with liposuction.  Abdominoplasty treats the skin excess and muscle weakness of the abdomen, as well as any fat that is between the belly button and the pubic hairline. Liposuction treats only fat. It can be used to thin out the abdomen, but the skin must be in good condition with no excess, and there should not be muscle weakness. I do not like to combine abdominoplasty with liposuction because of the added risks of fluid collection under the skin, and wound healing problems as well as a significant increase in the risk of blood clots in the legs and lungs (VTE).

Plastic surgery after weight loss

Based on your photos, it is difficult to assess what needs to be done.  But for the sake of helping you make an informed decision I will provide you some basic tips.

*  If there is redundant skin, you will need excision-based male breast reduction and tummy tuck.
*  If your skin has maintained a decent amount of tautness, liposuction alone could provide you good results.  It uses smaller round incisions, about 1.5-2 mm in diameter, that fade into imperceptible scars after 6-12 months. 
*  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon.  While there are several reputable plastic surgery affiliations, the gold standard is to select someone who has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 
*  The surgeon's experience plays a crucial role in the success of plastic surgery after weight loss.  Ask him how long he has been doing the procedure and how frequent he performs it.  Also, examine his before-and-after photos.  Ideally, you should find some patients whose preoperative anatomies are somewhat similar to yours. 

You may want to visit the attached link for additional info. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Liposuction of abdomen and torso

Based on your photos and your age I would suggest aggressive liposuction which will include abdomen, flanks (love handles) and back. It is reasonable to expect that your skin will shrink and that you will not need any skin removal (abdominoplasty, tummy tuck).
However, without detailed clinical evaluation it is impossible to give you better answer. You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for saggy skin on the lower abdomen after weigth loss on a young male patient.

It seems to me that the redundant skin is mild and is hard to see the stretch marks with these pictures, but you have the option of doing minimally invasive procedures, like Fractora which is micro needling with radiofrequency,  it will help both the stretch marks will do skin tightening. You could also have a more invasive procedure, like lipotherm, which is laser liposuction, it will remove any redundant fat and will also stimulate collagen for skin tightening. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that offers these procedures, for more information.