What procedures would I need to fix the sagging skin after a weight loss? (photos)
Doctor Answers 8
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certifed Plastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook
Male Tummy Tuck
Your possible options include:
- Skin excision for male breast reduction
- Tummy Tuck
- Lower Body Lift
To be sure what might be best for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.
I hope this helps.
Body lifting after 50 pound weight loss
- Before you know the cost, you need a plan as to what is needed.
- Start with a detailed consultation to discuss every thing you don't like and the best treatment.
- It will probably be a combination of removal of excess skin (body lifting) and liposuction.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
Liposuction vs. tummy tuck
In person exam required
Plastic surgery after weight loss
Based on your photos, it is difficult to assess what needs to be done. But for the sake of helping you make an informed decision I will provide you some basic tips.
* If there is redundant skin, you will need excision-based male breast reduction and tummy tuck.
* If your skin has maintained a decent amount of tautness, liposuction alone could provide you good results. It uses smaller round incisions, about 1.5-2 mm in diameter, that fade into imperceptible scars after 6-12 months.
* Choose a board certified plastic surgeon. While there are several reputable plastic surgery affiliations, the gold standard is to select someone who has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
* The surgeon's experience plays a crucial role in the success of plastic surgery after weight loss. Ask him how long he has been doing the procedure and how frequent he performs it. Also, examine his before-and-after photos. Ideally, you should find some patients whose preoperative anatomies are somewhat similar to yours.
Liposuction of abdomen and torso
However, without detailed clinical evaluation it is impossible to give you better answer. You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options. Good luck.
Treatment for saggy skin on the lower abdomen after weigth loss on a young male patient.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.