Nose looks same after Rhinoplasty?

It's been 2 weeks since my open rhinoplasty and my nose looks the same. I didn't have any swelling or major bruising after the surgery but my nose looks the same. How drastic is the change after time? Will my nose look different after 2-6 months?

You are very early in your post-op, and you will likely improve as the swelling subsides. This  may take a year or more.

Rhinoplasty - Too early to judge

At 2 weeks, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty recovery

You are still very early in the recovery process.  Even though you cannot appreciate a significant amount of swelling at this point, there is likely a mild to moderate amount that could be masking the changes made.  There will continue to be slow resorption of the edema over the subsequent months and changes will likely become more apparent, depending on how much was done.  Try to be patient, and make sure to follow up with your surgeon.  Good luck on your recovery.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not everyone has the same amount of bruising and swelling. Remember we all heal differently. Some surgeons also use steroids during surgery which helps to drastically reduce swelling and bruising. You may not see the end result for up to a year.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Not seeing difference after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  Without more information, it will be impossible to answer your question specifically.  This is because some changes will be seen even when there is swelling and others are obscured.  Even if you don't recognize swelling at this point, its certainly there at only 2 weeks from surgery.  If you had delicate tip work done, then even a small amount of swelling will hide your surgeon's efforts and may not be revealed for several months.  On the other hand, if you had a big bump removed, you should already be seeing that it is gone.  Contact your surgeon with your concerns so he can give you a better idea of the expected timeframe based on your individual operation.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon