Is there a medical reason you should wait 12 months before having plastic surgery after the vertical sleeve gastrectomy?

I had VSG May, 2016. My BMI was relatively low at 32 at the time. I'm close to my goal weight of 150lbs. Currently at 5'5 159lbs. Most of the PS' I consulted indicated I would be fine to have a breast lift with implants and liposuction in December, 2016 as planned, if my weight has stabilized, but 2 indicated I should wait 12 months. Is there a reason for waiting or greater risk for not waiting? I did not get a clear reason from those who insisted I wait.

Plastic surgery after sleeve gastric

Hello dear, thanks for your question, If you are considering a cosmetic procedure after a gastric bypass, you should wait until reaching maximal weight loss with maintenance of that particular weight. This is usually 12 to 18 months post op. It is very important that you take your vitamins as recommended by your bariatric surgeon and keep up with your daily protein requirement for healthy wound healing.

Remember that selecting a Plastic Surgeon takes time and effort. The key is to choose a reputable, qualified and certified surgeon.

Good luck :)

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon