How long would it take for my tt open wound to close 3 inches long. (photo)

I had ftt 8 weeks ago the central part of my incision started to open at 3 weeks now its slowly getting better how long would it take to fully close its 3 inches long less than half an inch deep ?

Steps to Aid with Closure

Dear ranahmed,

I would expect that wound to be closed within three weeks. What will be necessary is that you keep it clean, do numerous dressing changes per day to keep it debrided, make sure your protein intake is high and you are taking multivitamins, be sure you are not experiencing any second-hand smoke.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

TT Wound

The #wound from your #TummyTuck #incision appears to be clean, which is great.  It should close up on its own within a few weeks.  

If it ever causes you concern, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to have it checked out in person.

How long would it take for my tt open wound to close 3 inches long.

Multiple factors play into how long it takes for wounds to heal. For example, age, nutrition, nicotine use, tension on the wound, activity level, infection, other co-morbidities such as diabetes. Your doctor will be able to tell you a pretty good estimate as they are familiar with your medical history.

Wound healing

always tough to predict. it looks like it is clean and epithelializing so I would say 4-6 weeks.....

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Open wound

It appears that your wound is clean.  It should close on its own, with good local care, in a few more weeks.  Good glucose control, in diabetics, and avoidance of tobacco, if used, will also play important roles in the healing of this type of wound.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Wound healing post tummy tuck

Sorry for this trouble.  Hang in there. Wounds heal side to side not end to end.  Wounds always take longer to heal than patients and surgeons desire.  I bet around 2 months.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon