Will liposuction get me a flat stomach after 4 kids? (Photo)

I'm 30 and have 4 kids I had 3caesarean 1 natural delivery. Although I kno I may need a TT I'm wondering will liposuction get my stomach and flanks away. I really dnt care that I have stretch marks . Will I have a lot of loose skin if I had only the liposuction. I'm trying to go within next 2 months and it's been very distress of trying to see what's best for me. However I'm just scared to get cut again and I also wants one more child ,

Lipo after multiple pregnancies, 3 C-sections one BAD SCAR

Sexysex28

Let me answer you directly.  No.

You will need a full, if not extended tt to achieve any type of acceptable results.  You have a lot of excess skin, a bad C-Sect scar, stretch marks, an enlarged umbilicus, and undoubtedly, stretched muscle layer.  Lipo will only address the fat layer, which is moderately thick.  You need all layers addressed, plus the scar (tt will get rid of this).

Let me also tell you this.  I would strongly urge you to first finish child rearing, get into excellent physical shape, and get down to and maintain a healthy weight first.

Congrats, and all the best.

sek

Liposuction or abdominoplasty

The most important thing that you said is that you want to have another child.  My advise is to do nothing until you are finished with childbearing.  After you have finish with childbearing,  my advise would be to get down to as close as you can to your ideal bdy weight before doing anything.  While liposuction might help some,  to achieve you expectation of a flat stomah, you would require a formal abdominoplasty to address you excess abdominal skin and your abdominal wall weaknesses.  Best of luck.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty almost always a better choice in liposuction after multiple pregnancies.

Whereas you would get some flattening of liposuction I think your money would be best spent on a more formal abdominoplasty. There's a sizable amount of excess skin and probably abdominal wall laxity as well.

Liposuction - Need a tummy tuck also

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck. The lower abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening will give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. This will give you the flat stomach you desire. Liposuction of the flanks and hips will further improve your contour. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after tummy tuck photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Good luck!

A tummy tuck is the answer

good afternoon!

looking at your photos, a tummy tuck will most certainly be required to give you the look you desire.  I am afraid that you have too much skin laxity to expect a good result after liposuction alone.

Be sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to hea rwhat optinos would be best.

I hoep this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Liposuction or tummy tuck

I think you'd be very unhappy with the results of liposuction for several reasons.  First, I don't think you'd be flat.  Secondly, your depressed scar will still be there.  Finally, the hanging skin of the lower abdomen would likely just hang further, which could make you look worse rather than better. 

It's best to wait until you're done having children then have a tummy tuck.  If you just can't wait, you could have a tummy tuck now, but I don't recommend tighten the muscles in women who plan future pregnancies, so you may not be as flat as you would be if you'd waited until you're done having kids.  Additionally, even if your abdomen is flat after a TT then you get pregnant, you could have some loosening of your skin or further loosening of the muscle and need another tummy tuck later.  One last consideration is that having had 3 prior c-sections, it's pretty likely that you would need another c-section with a future pregnancy, and it would be a shame to have a TT now then have a new vertical scar from another c-section replace the one you had removed!

Liposuction vs Abdominoplast (tummy tuck): Information

Dear Ms. Sexysex28,

Thank you for your story, questions and posted photos.

My responses:
1)we all have both internal fat (located n your internal organs and pushing your belly outward) and external fat (on top of your muscles). Internal fat can not be treated by either liposuction or tummy tuck...only weight loss.

2)You did not mention your current height or weight. We often calculate body mass index (BMI) that helps us give you better advice. I recommend that you attain you goal weight prior to surgery.

3)Since you have had children you most likely have a separation of the two vertical abdominal muscles (that are not repaired with liposuction).

4)their are three types tummy tucks:
a) traditional (muscle repaired from breast bone to pubic bone)
b) mini (muscle repaired from umbilicus (tummy button) to pubic bone)
c) extended (like traditional tummy tuck but extends around at to hip area
all will remove excess fat and skin of the lower abdomen. The remaining skin is stretched tight resulting in smooth abdominal appearance.

5liposuction will remove only external fat but may leave your skin loose and hanging.
liposuction will not repair separated muscles

6)both liposuction and tummy tuck are often done together, except in the upper abdomen (May reduce blood flow and cause healing/flap problems at the tummy tuck incision.

7)the types of liposuction are:
a)traditional suction asst. Liposuction (SAL)
b) ultrasonic asst. liposuction (UAL)
c) power asst. liposuction (PAL)
d) laser asst. liposuction (LAL)
e) water asst liposuction (WAL)
are all effective and are secondary to the experience of the Plastic Surgeon

8)non surgical methods to help "shrink skin" after liposuction use RF:
a) Vellashape III
b) Thermi tight

Conclusion:
1) based on limited information and not being able to evaluate you in person I would recommend you reach your goal weight and then have a traditional tummy tuck and liposuction to contour the flank areas.
2) I suggest you make several appointments with different Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Liposuction?

Hello dear, thanks for your question. Liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion.

Ideal liposuction candidates are:
  • Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
  • Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
  • Non-smokers
  • Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring
If you are bothered by excess fat deposits – located anywhere on your body – that don’t respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you.

Based on your pictures I recommend to combine liposuction and tummy tuck. The combination of a liposuction with the a traditional tummy tuck has become a very common procedure. It is safe to combine the two procedures mainly to address the hip and flank areas. This is a very effective way to extenuate the contour of the waist along with the abdominoplasty. It is also important to realize that there is usually a limit on how much fat can be remove in a combined procedure.In general you may be a good tummy tuck candidate if:You are physically healthy and at a stable weight You have realistic expectations You are a non-smoker You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen. Also The fat transfer, often called Brazilian butt lift has become extremely popular because it allows your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. You improve your waist, hips and of course your buttock.

I also recommend to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

If you are asking this question because you have read about liposuction online or on RealSelf, the answer is definitely a NO.  You need an extended TT, or probably even a fleur-de-lis, especially since you already have a midline scar.  Nothing less will work for you.  Best of luck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Body Sculpting

You may gain some improvement with liposuction but it won't result in your goal. You have significant extra loose skin that is only treated with an tummy tuck.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS