I had a tummy tuck with diastasis repair and umbilical hernia repair 1 year ago. I am not happy with the results? (Photos)

I am small and athletic, 5'6 118 lbs. Things I dislike: 1) vertical scar is still thick and red 2) new belly pooch above my scar and 3) vertical scar caused my stretch marks to be gathered together and it looks like a butt crack on my belly. My surgeon said he can do a mini in office fix by pulling down the residual stretch mark skin and fix my thick vertical scar. I am worried this will pull down and stretch my new belly button. Looking for suggestions.

Scar revision(s) after TT

Based on your photos, a serie of scar revisions both vertical and horizontal (to lower your current horizontal scar) may be your best option. Possibly selective liposuction and fat grafting underneath thin, stretched areas of scar. This should be done in stages and mostly in local anesthesia. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - unhappy with result

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• I am sorry you are disappointed with your result.
  • Without seeing before photos, it is difficult to judge your result.
  • But the scars are still red, making them noticeable.
  • You will need to ask your surgeon about the effects on your belly button of pulling down more skin 0-
  • It doesn't look as though the skin is loose enough but it may be fine.
  • At this point, to fade the scars you can try ND Yag 1064 laser.
  • Or a scar revision - cutting out the vertical scar and closing it without tension or even with the Embrace scar system may produce a better scar.
  • If you are undecided, you might get a second opinion because so much will depend on the tissues and to assess them, one needs to examine you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Revision

Your scar healed very well and will likely continue to improve.  However, if you would like a revision, I would recommend a comprehensive revision and not a small office procedure.  This would involve re-elevating the abdominal wall skin flap and redraping it down to remove the hypertrophic vertical scar both in the vertical and horizontal directions.  You would still have a vertical scar but hopefully a much finer scar.  At the same time, the cause of the bulging can be addressed.   Best wishes, Dr. T.