I have had 3 kids. What's the best surgery to tighten my vagina back to its original state before children? (Photo)

I am very embarrassed of my vagina sometimes after sex with my husband I cry I feel like he doesn't enjoy it. I worry that he will want someone else. It is not the same for me anymore either. I don't like the way it looks or feels on the inside. Please reply an tell me what the best choice for me is. I am so ready to get this back to the way it was before 3 children. Thank you for your time I hope to hear from you soon.

Vaginal Laxity after Childbearing

Having babies can certainly take a toll on a woman's body, especially with respect to the pelvic support structures, which maintain the anatomical relationships of the pelvic floor, vagina, uterus, rectum, bladder, and urethra.  This can lead to a gaping vaginal opening, bladder prolapse (cystocele), weakening of the tissue between the rectum and vagina (rectocele, enterocele, atrophy of the perineal body), and uterine prolapse.  Ideally, you should be evaluated by a cosmetic surgeon with experience in pelvic reconstructive surgery to determine if any of these other problems are also present.  Even without any of these pelvic support problems, many women simply say that sex feels "different" (worse) after childbirth.  In the absence of any of these defined pelvic support problems, many women will still benefit from "vaginal rejuvenation," which is basically a tightening of the vaginal opening.  From what you describe, I would think you would be a good candidate for this, possibly in addition to other gynecologic surgical procedures to address pelvic relaxation.

Vaginal Laxity after 3 Kids: Best Way to Achieve Tightness

A mild/moderate dropped bladder (cystocele), a loosening of the posterior vaginal wall (rectocele), and a thinned out perineum are apparent on the photo. Vaginal tightening in this situation will require pelvic floor reconstruction and vaginoplasty at minimum. The pelvic floor reconstruction consists of repairing the supports of the anterior and posterior vaginal walls to stabilize the bladder and the rectum. The vaginoplasty will then tighten the inner and outer vaginal muscles and perineum around the stabilized vaginal walls. Vaginoplasty or vaginal rejuvenation, alone, will not be enough to correct this situation. I would recommend a thorough pelvic examination to make sure nothing else is required. Proper correction usually gives the results you are seeking.

Restoring and Rejuvenating with Female Genital Enhancement

I perform a variety of treatments and surgeries to enhance, restore and rejuvenate the female genital region. This includes procedures to improve moisture, sensitivity and tighten the vaginal canal; which can enhance orgasm and restore or improve the appearance of the vulva. This includes the labia minora, labia majora, the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina.
A vaginoplasty (commonly referred ton as vaginal rejuvenation) is when a diamond shaped section of tissue is excised from the inside of the vagina and brought down to the outside of the vagina.
Often times a small triangular area is also excised from the perineum (the area right below the vaginal opening). This is called a perineoplasty or perineorrhaphy. The size of the tissues removed rarely are larger than a domino block. If needed, sutures that bundle loose muscles together are used to narrow the vaginal opening.
If necessary, this may be combined with a #Labiaplasty which is a surgical procedure that will reduce and/or reshape the #labia. Labia minora are the inner lips of the vagina that cover the female clitoris and vaginal opening. Women with excessively large labia may experience pain during sexual relations, feel discomfort during normal activities or while wearing tight clothing. Or, the labia may be asymmetric or may #hang below the labia majora (the outer lips of the vagina) which some women find this unattractive. At times the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small. The size may be increased with fat injections.
Candidates for treatment include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.The specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.

Best way for vaginal tightening. Get my vagina back in shape. What does vaginal rejuvenation do?

Thank you for the excellent quality photo. Although you are healthy and beautiful as you are, genital plastic/cosmetic surgery , IN THE RIGHT HANDS (you may need to "travel...") will accomplish what you wish.  Yes! You can have your children, your family, and sexual pleasure and self-esteem combined.

Surgical procedures called "Perieoplasty and Vaginoplasty" can tighten the vaginal barrel and elevate/bulk-up the perineum to tighten the vagina and re-establish the downward angle of the vagina, to push your husband's penis, or toy, harder against the sensitive anterior vagina in the area of your G-spot, where dwell a pleasurable plexus of nerves, and the erectile tissue of the "root" of the clitoris, the clitoral bulbs and crurae.  In addition, the surgery serves to thrust the top part of his penis and his pubic bone more persuasively against your outer clitoris.

Yes, you are "normal," but that doesn't mean that you need to live with insecurity and less sexual pleasure.  If you wished also to reduce the size of your labia (only if that also bothers you:  "...If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"), the combination of surgeries might be called "Vaginal Rejuvenation."  Different surgeons use different terminology.

In our center in Northern California, we do virtually all our work in-office under local anesthesia (Yes! Even Vaginal tightening/vaginoplasty).  This makes it so much more convenient, and thousands of dollars cheaper than heving to be put to sleep in a hospital or surgical center.

Do your homework.  Make sure your surgeon is well-experienced in specifically vaginal tightening for improvement of sexual pleasure. **By and large, a "General Gynecologist" who only does a "posterior repair" "under insurance..." is NOT doing the operation best for you.  Do your homework.  You have only one chance to "...get it right..!'

Michael P Goodman MD

Vaginal rejuvenation after childbirth x 3

Your story and concerns are in good company with almost ever other patient that undergoes vaginal rejuvenation. Based upon your photos, your anatomy as well is very typical of someone who seriously considers having these procedures and turns out to be a enormou (sexual) self-confidence booster.

Vaginal Rejuvenation (a.k.a. vaginoplasty) is performed to reconstruct (more or less tighten) the vaginal vault most commonly following natural vaginal birth. Again, like most other surgery, the experience of and “attention to detail” (a.k.a. compulsiveness) by the surgeon is the most important element to achieving a good result. Although there is some merit to Kegal exercises, many patients with laxity after natural vaginal birth fail to obtain sufficient tightening. For these patients, vaginoplasty, tightening of the vaginal vault muscles from the introits (opening) up to the cervix is typically the best solution. The procedure is commonly done on an outpatient basis in about an hour under either deep intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Recovery is gradual but probably the worst for the first 4-5 days until swelling starts to reside then patients feel better each day thereafter. Sexual activity is usually refrained for about 6 weeks. In a study I was involved in back in 2009, 87% of vaginoplasty patients were satisfied with their results and had an improved sexual experience post-operatively. Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $8500. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD