What's a good size for me? (photos)

I am a 28 yr old female schedule to get a breast reduction soon. I'm a 38DDD and that's minimized bra size. I was thinking to get reduce to a Full C cup. I'm 5'3 168lbs.

Cup Size and Breast Reduction

Thanks for the pictures.  Cup size is difficult to determine in my opinion because of many factors.  Additionally, if this is going to be covered by insurance then the insurance company has a say in how much breast tissue is removed.  In general, a breast reduction result should fit your frame and make more proportionate.  

What's a good size for me?

Poor posted photo so the over the internet guess is D or C cup sizing would best suite your frame I think. Best to seek more in person opinions.,......

What's a good size for me?

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Size after reduction

Thank you for your question and the photo. I would say that getting somewhere in the "C cup" range would be possible. That is very hard to promise a patient because so many factors come into play. I would let you surgeon know your concerns and voice your wishes. Best of luck to you.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Size?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what you can realistically expect from surgery.  It is very difficult to predict cup size prior to surgery but after a physical evaluation you will have a good idea of what would be best for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

What's a good size for me?

I think you will are a good candidate for a breast reduction.  As for size you should discuss with your plastic surgeon and decide how small you want to be.  Due to the variation between bra manufacturers it would be very difficult to accurately predict a final size of your breasts.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

What's a good size for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point; best to achieve your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding. “Official” recommendations of course would necessitate in-person consultation. Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin this operation reduces AND lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall (in other words, the breasts are "automatically" lifted when a breast reduction is performed). By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Best NOT to communicate your goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size; this type of communication can be a source of miscommunication. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures during this communication phase; many patients wish to remove enough breast tissue to improve/alleviate symptoms while maintaining upper/lower body proportionality.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps.

Can't guess size after breast reduction

You should go to the very best breast reduction surgeon you can and let them do what they do best. Nobody can give you a cup size to expect after surgery.