My eyes are not on the same level and they are also different in size. (photos)

I have recently starting to notice when I take pictures of myself that my eyes are not on the same level and that they appear to be different in size. I have been wearing glases half my life and about five years ago I started to wear contact lenses. The right that seems a little bit bigger is the eye that I see much worse with according to my optician in comparison to the left eye. I am wondering if I can do anything about it because it clearly shows on my pictures.

My eyes are not on the same level and they are also different in size.

Difficult to tell what is going on from the photo. See following video.  See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. In general, asymmetries are common and sometimes they are best left alone although sometimes something could be done. It all depends on the exact cause of the asymmetry, the severity, and patient's goals.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

A few possibilities

From the photo, your lash position on the right seems a little higher than the left. There are a few reasons this might be. 

Some people are born this way, some people develop a degree of ptosis (the name of that condition) as they get older although not usually until they are in their 50s or 60s.

Some eyedrops can cause one eye to loo bigger than the other including iopodine. 

Any of these could be the reason. I suggest you see an eye specialist first before a plastic surgeon as I suspect the cause is less cosmetic and more eye related. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Eye assymmetry

This is a great question.  Our faces often are not symmetric with different levels of bone development being an example as in your case.  Sometimes orbital floor trauma can cause different eye levels.  Changing the levels of the eyes is not a viable cosmetic procedure for you.    

All the best!!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon