When should drains be removed after Tumescent Liposuction?

I had tumescent liposuction of my abs flanks, back and bra rolls two weeks ago and I still have drains. The doctor refused to take my drains out one week post op and I'm wondering if it's safe to still have my drains in. I'm thinking of going to the hospital to have they're moved. I'm still draining fluid at about 15-20 ccs on each of my drains. Should I have them removed? I want to do what's best for my recovery but these drains are painful and impeding my ability to perform my job. Please help.

I do not use drains with just liposuction, but would suggest calling your doctor first and discussing how much longer you need drains.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Speak to Your Doctor

I would suggest calling and to speaking to your surgeon about your concerns. For your aftercare, I do recommend adding RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis, Ultra, Vanquish) along with shock/vibration therapy Cellutone/z wave and hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer