Is my dermatologist correct about this birthmark?

I am African, dark birthmark on the left side of my face and the Dr says I have to take the Mesoestetic mask home and apply it myself avoiding my birthmark and putting some on my chest as I will have leftover for 10 hours. He provided 2 creams of which I am to use 3:2:1 ratio and also a sunscreen Fizrola or something. But my research shows the Dr has to apply the mask and I may not need sunscreen as it is not Cosmelan and the prices differ greatly to his of £500. PS: He is based at Harley St, GB

Birthmark treatments

The type of birthmark will be the most crucial piece of this puzzle .
If you could give more information but most importantly a picture of the birthmark. 
We can direct you as to what type of lasers or surgical steps are need. 

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest you post photos of your mark for us to determine what would be best.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.