Is the dermatologist right about his advise regarding his dermamelan treatment? His version differs to my research so far(photo)

I am African, dark birthmark on the left side of my face and the Dr says I have to take the Mesoestetic mask home and apply it myself avoiding my birthmark and putting some on my chest as I will have leftover for 10 hours. He provided 2 creams of which I am to use 3:2:1 ratio and also a sunscreen Fizrola or something. But my research shows the Dr has to apply the mask and I may not need sunscreen as it is not Cosmelan and the prices differ greatly to his of £500. PS: He is based at Harley St, GB

Hyperpigmentation On Face/Body -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

This is hard to treat because most lasers that remove pigmentation can make this very light or darker. I suggest a doctor trained in lasers.  often this can be improved but not "cured."  Best, Dr. Emer.