How can I correct hooded eye lids? (photos)

I'm 39 & not sure if I'm ready for surgery. Do I have any other options!? Thank you!!

Surgery is the only long term option

Slight elevation of eyelid skin can be achieved with Botox treatments in glabella.  However, it comes with a side effect of overly arched eyebrows, a tell tale sign that Botox has been used. Also this treatment needs to be maintained with injections every three months.   Surgery treats this problem precisely and definitively. Thus it is the best way out even at age of 39. 

BLEPHAROPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear adt15659, It is common to see aging concerns in patients of your age especially in the upper third of the face and eyes. Some patients will have endoscopic browlift procedures when it is the brows causing the excess skin and then others like yourself are candidates for upper lid blepharoplasty to remove some of the excess skin and/or fatty deposits in the eyes. When you are ready to have surgery then start consulting with some experts in the field, have consultations discussing your concerns and then a surgical plan can be put into place. I personally would not suggest any non-surgical procedures to correct your concerns.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Good Candidate for Upper Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)

As others have pointed out, looking down is not an ideal way to assess the excess tissues of the upper eyelid.  I would recommend you seeking out a board certified MD Eyelid Surgery expert (Oculoplastic Surgeon) to determine if you are a good candidate for either Blepharoplasty or Ptosis Surgery along with possible supplemental Botox/Xeomin treatment.  You may not necessarily need surgery at this time.  You can look at my website for more information.  Best of luck in your search!

Damon B. Chandler, MD
Moorestown Oculoplastic Surgeon

It would be immensely helpful if you would post a photograph where you are not looking down into a phone.

This just does not help us understand your issues.  If you do not feel ready for surgery, don't have it.  Non surgical services are very good.  This included the microdroplet botulinum toxin forehead lift, and under eye fillers.  Shop carefully for the right injecting physician.  When your are ready for eyelid surgery, shop carefully for this service as well.

Upper eyelid surgery for hooded upper eyelids

The primary goal for upper eyelid surgery is to remove colluded in excess skin creating the tired look.  Sometimes small amount of fat is also removed from the islands when needed. For many upper eyelid surgery before and after results, please see the link and the video below 

How can I correct hooded eye lids?

Based on your photo but without an examination, you appear to be an excellent candidate to cosmetically improve the appearance of your eyelids with an artistically performed conservative upper lid blepharoplasty.
Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on a limited 2 dimensional photo without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 
Robert Singer, MD FACS 
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Excess Upper Lid Skin

The first thing to assess is if you have sagging brows which cause or accentuate your upper lid excess OR if the excess if any is purely an upper lid situation. In the photo you appear to have arched brows in the proper location but this can better be seen in examination. If the brows are not sagging then the onkyvsagecwayvti remove the excess skin is surgically. The operation is done through an incision which leaves a hidden scar which is seen only when your eyes are closed and only from very close by. It is one of the commonest operations in Plastic surgery  
Dr. Peter A Aldea
Memphis, TN

Hooded eyelids

Thank you for including a photograph!  It is a bit difficult to tell with your eyes angled downward (best photographs to assess the issues with upper eyelids are 

1. looking straight into the camera and 

2. a profile or 45 angle, both with your eyes looking directly in front of you), but from the photograph and by your age it is likely you would almost totally eliminate the excess skin hooding of your upper eyelids with upper lid blepharoplasty.  

This procedure is quick, can be done comfortably without the need for general anesthetic, has nearly imperceptible scars with good surgical technique, and minimal downtime.  And, it can usually provide dramatic results for women and men!  As always, it is important to see a board-certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate, and that you do not have any other issues that would need to be addressed (such as ptosis--sagging of the lid that is not helped by blepharoplasty alone, or a low position of your eyebrows contributing to the hooding).  Best wishes for a beautiful result and years off your eyes!