Belly button necrosis still not healing 2 months post full tummy tuck? (Photos)

At first half of my belly button was black then it started to ooze white discharge now its yellow and smelly and deep my ps said to apply santyl cream on it Will this heal? Should i be doing something else Plz help

Belly button healing

Thanks for inquiry and excellent pictures.  Sorry for your struggles.  You appear to have an involved surgeon and that is the most important thing.  It appears your wound has had progress.  These things can take time, but since you are concerned about the increased drainage and odor--it is best you see your surgeon.  

Belly button necrosis still not healing 2 months post full tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. It appears that much, if not all, of your belly button has had healing difficulties and will not survive the procedure.  I would recommend an in-office debridement of your remaining tissues and institution of local wound care with dressing changes until your body is able to heal from the inside-out.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, they are your best source of information and treatment. 

Belly button necrosis

If you still have foul smelling discharge, then you need to have the dead tissue that remains debrided away. It will heal but will likely leave you with an un-natural appearing belly button.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon