24 days after BA, my left breast (right on the picture) looks little squarish, is it normal? (Photos)

I had 280cc under muscle, round, implant width 10,5cm, my BWD 10,26cm. I had little asymetry(left was little bigger).From day 3 after surgery I saw that my left one looks squarish(medially)and now I think its even more noticible, also I have little pain on my left, near the armpit while getting up from laying position. I'm right-handed. Is it normal? Will left breast look more round in medial part with time?Or is it complication? Can it be caused by surgeon-e.g. he made different shaped pockets?

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

A little squarish?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to have a very nice result at 25 days! I do note the flatness on the medial aspect of the left breast, but doubt it will persist. It takes several months for the final results to settle in. With the implant in the submuscular plane, it takes a while for your body to accommodate to the presence of the implant. Your doctor probably showed you massage exercises, squeezing the implant from the bottom up and the top down which can help the muscle stretch relax and will likely improve the flattening of the medial aspect of the breast. Time is you friend with this, and you are already well on your way to a beautiful result!

24 days after BA, my left breast (right on the picture) looks little squarish, is it normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  It looks as if you will obtain a very nice result.  Your overall breast appearance will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. You should see some rounding out of the medial portion of the breast assuming your surgeon adequately released the muscle along the breast bone.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Square shape

It's very early on to evaluate your results.  It is not uncommon to have some odd shapes or square appearance due to the tightness of the muscle.  In time these areas usually stretch and become more round.  Be patient with the process.  It's possible that the shape of the pocket was created differently but it's too early to know if that is true or if this will resolve with time and stretch.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and they might recommend massage.  In my practice I would let the stretching process go on for 4-6 months before considering a revision.  If a revision is needed, however, that would be a relatively simple procedure.  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon