2 weeks PO from Mommy makeover and Bilirubin in home test strip urinalysis test. Thank you in advance.

I'm 2 weeks PO from mommy makeover. doing well except have infection in drain site. I'm on day2 of antibiotics. Also have tenderness right below rib cage on my right side. In May I took a urinalysis panel test strip - all normal. Took one today and had bilirubin in my urine. Did it 2x. Reading was 1 (17) +. My urobilinogen was normal .2 (3.5). Could it be related to surgery or my liver? I've been a pretty big wine drinker but have really working on bring to the rec'd levels. Esp. Last 2 mths.

Drains at Tummy Tuck Site

I do not use drains any more with this procedure and have switched from pain pumps to Exparel which is a long acting injectable pain medicine like Lidocaine or Marcaine but lasts for three days. This is injected all along the muscle and skin to provide pain relief. This is termed the Pain-less, Drainless Tummy Tuck.

If you go to a doctor who uses #drains, they usually stay in 3-5 days but may be required to remain in longer. Now, if you do find that you are worried about an infection in the drain site it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined for an infection and see if the drain needs to be removed. Good luck.

Mommy make-over - bilirubin in urine 2 weeks after mommy make-over, on antibiotics.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • The most likely explanation is that antibiotics are affecting your liver.
  • Please tell your surgeon and your regular doctor.
  • You may need further tests and a different antibiotics.
  • If it is from the antibiotics, your liver should recovery quickly.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS