2 months post op, I switched my 460cc saline to 700cc (l) 750 (r) silicone. Does this look like capsular contracture? (Photo)

Hi, I am almost 2 mos post. I had a breast revision on Dec. 9th, '13. I switched my 460cc saline to 700cc (l) 750 (r) silicone. Prior,I had 4 surgeries on my rt breast after a severe staph infection, including a capsularrophy to correct double bubble. My most recent surgery in Dec was over a year since capsularrophy. Does this look like capsular contracture? My rght sits higher than left and it is as if it has no volume. Thnks in advance for your help.

Does this look like capsular contracture?

I am sorry to hear about all the problems you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. Breast implant encapsulation ( capsular contraction) presents as a change in feel of the breasts (more firm),  potentially a change in shape of the breasts, potential change in breast implant position on the chest wall, and sometimes is associated with pain. You will do best, to be seen by your plastic surgeon who, after physical examination will be able to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Best wishes.

Capsular contracture

I think that you would need to be seen in person to be properly examined to determine if you have a capsular contracture or not.

Capsular Contracture

Capsular contracture makes a breast feel alot firmer than a breast with no contracture. Because of the major increase in volume and previous infection the breast may have dissected differently or healed differently. An examination by your doctor would easily determine if you have a contracture.

Howard N. Robinson, MD (retired)

Capsular contracture symptoms

One of the most common problems is breast capsular #contracture or the development of thickening, and contracture of the capsule that exists around the breast implants. Severe capsule contracture probably occurs in less than 15% of augmentation patients. Every woman has a breast capsule around their implant and this is a normal phenomenon. The capsule itself could be as thin as Saran Wrap but may also become calcified and thickened. As it thickens and shrinks, the patient may develop a feeling a firmness of the breasts and in its worst situation, the breast may become painful and abnormal in appearance, achieving a very round, hard, and uneven appearance. There may be distortion and possible breakage and leakage of an older implant, but may also include a newer #implant. Nicotine users, such as smokers, have up to a 30x increased risk of #capsular contracture.

If your breast is firmer. this most likely is CC but the volume issue is more difficult to address.

you should have an ultrasound if not already done.  Revision will be likely