What is wrong with this implant? (Photos)

When I flex this is what my implant looks like... What is going on, please help. Implant was replaced due to muscle being torn and now this is happening!!

Breast implant revision

It looks from your photos as if the implant is moving when you tense the pectoralis muscle - this can be due to tethering of the implant capsule to the muscle by scar tissue.  All implants form a scar (capsule) around them and in some people it is thicker than with others. Options for you are a scar revision/capsulectomy to try and release the implant from the muscle - at the same time the pocket in which the implant sits could be changed.

Thank you for sharing our question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your healing issues.  It appears that you have some animation deformity taking place as a result of your implant being placed underneath the muscle and unfortunately this can only be corrected by replacing the implant underneath your breast tissue and above your muscle if it bothers you sufficiently.  Secondly it would be nice to see a photograph of you not flexing to assess the scar quality and any possible tethering as a result of your implant - was a textured implant used, for example.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, they should be able to help you diagnose the problem and offer treatment advice.  Hope this helps.

Breast deformity post implant exchange

Hi sfvffogThere appears to be two things going on.  First, the implant is getting displaced upward on flexing- not that uncommon with submuscular placement.The second issue appears to be your scar.  It seems that there is not a lot of coverage over the implant and the scar surface isn't smooth.  Given the little information I have, I would suspect that after you are healed, a scar revision would be in order.Hope this helps.sek

Animation deformity.

Your implant and breast are being distorted by the movement of your pectoralis muscle which overlies your implant. There are several options available to improve or correct this.Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon or consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon