How much weight should I lose before my Lipo Abdominalplasty and Breast Reduction/Lift? (photos)

Will the nipple be removed when a breast reduction and lift is performed? How much weight I should aim to lose for my tummy tuck? Will I lose nipple sensation?

How much weight should I lose before my tummy tuck and Breast Reduction/Lift?

Thank you for the question.  Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.   

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider your options. Best wishes.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight and tummy tuck

I think that you should get close to your goal weight first.  I can't really say just based upon your photos,. Good luck. Most breast reduction patients maintain nipple sensation.

Weight loss before abdominoplasty

You will obtain the best results if you can get as close as possible to your desired weight.  Ideal to be within 10 pounds of your target weight.   Your nipple will not be removed during a lift but rather repositioned higher.  Loss of sensation is possible but usually most sensation returns over time.  Good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD