Hello - I wanted to see if I would be good candidate for cryolipolisis? (photos)

I've had a fatty lower abdomen pooch ALL my life. Tummy "domed" a bit after my pregnancy 4 years ago, but pooch has always been there. It is incredibly resistant to diet & exercise. I am 40, a little overweight but healthy with regular exercise and healthy diet. Non-smoker/drug use. I consulted a plastic surgeon last year about Slimlipo but he said my only solution was tummy tuck. With a small child at home, I'm just not ready for risks of major surgery/anesthesia for a cosmetic procedure. Thx!

CoolSculpting is a non-invasive alternative for patients interested in body contouring. The CoolSculpting procedure targets common problem areas of excess fat, including the abdomen, flanks, inner and outer thighs, and underneath the chin. It is not a weight loss solution for patients. Whether the CoolSculpting is right for you depends on your overall aesthetic goal. Pregnancy affects women’s bodies in many ways. Rectus diastasis, the separation of the abdominal muscles, is one of the resulting changes, and it can only be rectified with tummy tuck surgery. Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon regarding which procedure is best for you and your individual goal. Good luck in your research!

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Coolsculpting after pregnancy

Coolsculpting works great for pinchable fat. It does not treat intra-abdominal fat or loose skin. While a surgical option may provide you with the best result, you appear to be a candidate who would benefit greatly from Coolsculpting. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting of the arms

If you have decided that a Tummy Tuck is not for you Cool Sculpting can be a nice option for non invasive fat reduction. At your shape and volume you would need several treatments and most likely repeats. It can help with volume of fat but remember it doesn't necessary tighten the skin. If you were against a TT I would also perhaps visit the idea of Liposuction just for volume reduction. Good Luck!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting may be the answer

Based on your pictures, you are a candidate for the coolsculpting procedure.  You may need 2 to 3 treatments per area to see optimal results. Coolsculpting is one of the best non invasive devices for body contouring.  It is safe and predictable and with the right patient selection, satisfaction is high as 80 to 90 percent.  It is best to consult with an experienced coolsculpting provider.  Coolsculpting does not tighten loose skin, but based on the pictures I feel you are a candidate especially if surgery is off the table

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

CoolSculpting Is Safe, Fast Non-surgical Method to Sculpt Abdomen

Being a mom is certainly a rewarding, but quite time-consuming and sometimes stressful job. It makes sense to avoid undergoing a surgical procedure when you have a small child at home. At the same time, it is important to take care of yourself, too. Cryolipolysis(TM) – a patented procedure developed by Zeltiq for their CoolSculpting treatments – would indeed be a good solution to help you achieve your desired shape and minimize your abdominal fat. Though the results are not as immediately dramatic as they would be with liposuction or a tummy tuck, as only 20% of fat is removed from an area at a time, you could receive several treatments over time that could bring you to a more ideal shape. Consult with a board-certified dermatologist so you can learn more about what is possible in your individual case.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Good candidate for crylolipolysis?

You are clearly a highly motivated person and are diligent about doing your homework before hand. Based on what your photos show and the opinion of the plastic surgeon whom you have seen in consultation, I would be in agreement with the opinion that your optimal option is a tummy tuck. Yes, you are correct to assume that their are some risks with surgery which are larger than risks with Coolsculpting alone. However, achieving aesthetic improvement with Coolsculpting alone in your current state will more likely than not achieve only minor improvements to your appearance in you mid section. Seek another Board Certified Plastic Surgery opinion before starting down a path which might disappoint. Best,Dr. C

Coolsculpting may be a possibility

Coolsculpting is a good alternative to having an invasive procedure. However a tummy tuck is completely different and will provided different results. Coolsculpting will get rid of fat cells from the abdomen area (your desired area of treatment). I haven’t had any patients say they have had any “downtime” where they could not do their normal daily activities. As with any procedure there are risks and side effects, I would suggest that you contact a coolsculpting expert to discuss in detail.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depends on your expectations

If you just want to debulk a bit, Coolsculpting is an option.  But I would recommend losing weight first with a trainer, then getting a tummy tuck with liposuction.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

you need liposuction with tummy tuck to get a flat stomach.  I suggest you see an expert in 4D VASER hi definition contouring.  This would give you the body you have wanted.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures. Based on what I am seeing and without having a formal consultation I think you can improve the way you look by having some of these non-invasive procedures. There are several treatments that you could benefit from such as VanqishME for circumferential fat reduction and Coolsculpting for debulking larger areas of pincheable fat. I would recommend you visit a clinic that offers multiple non-invasive fat reduction treatments so that you can get an idea of what may work for you. Hope this helps, regards Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon