Do I need a tummy tuck or will Liposculpture + BBL give me nice results? (Photos)

I'm really not up for the scar the tummy tuck leaves . I have gotten 3 quotes and my mind is pretty much set on Dr. Mallos of DR. to have this procedure done. However, in 2 other quotes provided a tummy tuck was recommended, this really worries me because I wa hoping the Liposculpture + BBL would give me the best results. Although, Dr. Mallol didn't recommend the Tummy tuck others did. So I'm asking for some help of other board certified surgeons. Would BBL + Liposculpture be a waist of my money

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I  specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  With the skin contracture component of the Vaser, you may not need a Tummy Tuck.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Based on your photographs, you would see improvement in your body contour from a BBL with liposuction. It does not appear that you would need a tummy tuck because you do not have excess saggy skin that I can tell in the photograpgh, liposuction alone should be sufficient but a tummy tuck can always be performed at a later date if desired. The fat for a BBL can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the buttocks to build it up and give you a curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical evaluation done to see if you are a good candidate or not. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. Best of luck!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL and Tummy Tuck

The BBL definitely won't be a waste! You look like a great candidate and I think you will be very pleased with the results! I would recommend you get your lipo and BBL and wait to see how the skin reacts, remember you will be in a compression garment for quite sometime you may be pleased with how your stomach heals. It is not recommended to do lipo and a tummy tuck at the same time as it is too risky! If you just get a tummy tuck alone you will still have volume in your stomach and won't get that small waist your looking for. 

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

BBL and lipo

Hello. A BBL with liposculpture would give you excellent buttock and flank contour. However, you do have abdominal stretch marks indicating skin laxity so a very flat tummy might not be possible. Staging the procedures will allow you to see if your skin retracts well after fat transfer and you can always have the TT at a later date.

DrBurnett#realself100

Do I need a tummy tuck or will Liposculpture + BBL give me nice results?

Hello Dear, thank you so much your questions and pictures.

Based on yout photos you will be an excellent candidate for Brazilian Butt LIft,, this procedure offers the advantage that it takes extra fat in abdomen, waist, hips and back, outlining your figure and this same fat is injected into your back. The process greatly reduces rejection rates and eliminating many risks. 

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

I think that you are an excellent candidate for liposuction and BBL, but a tummy tuck would make the abdomen flatter and smoother and remove loose skin and tighten muscles.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. you need a tummy tuck, with muscle repair, liposuction on back, flanks, waist, and the bbl. You will gett really good results doll.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Lipo + BBL, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck, BBL

First, I would recommend staying locally for your surgery so you can have appropriate post-op care.  Second it looks like you eventually will need a tummy tuck because of the loose skin.  Good luck.