I had a TT and lipo a few weeks ago; incision looks like necrosis or something else? (Photos)

I had a TT and lipo a few weeks ago. In close contact with my PS. Any chance that my TT incision looks like necrosis or something else? Thanks

Post op TT

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. It is good that you are in close contact with your PS. Looking at your photos it appears that you are having some skin slough, which requires your PS to examine. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Necrosis after TT?

Yes, it looks like you have a little bit of dead skin (necrosis) in the center of the TT wound.  This is not rare, and this is the most common site.  This can usually be managed with good wound care.  Continue close contact with your surgeon and follow instructions.  Best of luck.

Wounds after TT

You have superficial necrosis of the incision.  The suprapubic area is a very common place for it.  Keep it moist with an antibiotic ointment and it will heal just fine.  

Wound healing issue

You have a wound healing issue at the lower portion of your abdominal flap. Often this goes on to heal with local wound care. Follow closely with your surgeon.

TT wound

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you have a superficial wound and should heal with local wound care. Please follow instructions from your PS

Wound Healing

That is the most common spot to have some wound healing issues because the blood supply is so questionable in that area. I would have you doing wound care only for a long time until it heals then I would just wait a good 6 months to see what the scar looks like and if you need a scar revision that can be done. I can not tell you what your surgeons policy is on that but I do them in the clinic if they are not too big sometimes. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Necrosis After Tummy Tuck?

From your photos, appears to be some delayed wound healing. Keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon as you have been. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

I had a TT and lipo a few weeks ago. Incision looks like necrosis or something else?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Depending on the number of weeks from surgery your pictures alone demonstrate lower incision separation and a superficial skin infection along your lower abdomen.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to discuss a possible infection as well as to discuss wound care recommendations to help you heal.  Hope this helps.

It looks like a small dehisence

you may have a low grade infection and need antibiotics. you should clean the incision with dilute hydrogen peroxide and a thin coat of antibiotic ointment. you PS can take a wound culture when he/she sees you next. they can assess if you need antibiotics (if you have an infection) or if you just have an area of breakdown which could be from other causes such as skin tension etc. let your plastic surgeon see you at 2x week so that you can be followed closely. you should still do fine.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon