Tummy tuck or belt lipectomy? (photos)

Im 31 and getting the gastric sleeve in a few weeks, I am 5'8 235 pounds, I have had 3 c-sections. And now have my tube tied and would like to get my before the baby body back, so I have this pooch that that drives me crazy. i want to start saving for my cosmetic surgery now, so that's why I want to know which procedure would be best so i can pick a doctor and start my saving for that journey now. My skin heals and snaps back really well per my 3 c-sections, one of which was 3/1/16.

Full tummy tuck

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Tummy tuck versus belt lipectomy

Hi and thanks for the question. Its difficult to answer you, without seeing what you will look like post-weight loss. As of today, I would recommend a  full abdominoplasty with muscle plication. Depending on how well your back region does following the weight loss, you may benefit from high definition lipoplasty with fat transfer to the buttocks, giving you an optimized S-curve.  

Dr. Vallecillos 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

#tummytuck #abdominoplasty #beltlipectomy

Hello shaquana, We strongly encourage you to seek the advice of a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of
Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle.  At our office here at CARE, we're very pleased to offer multiple financing options including CARE Credit and Alphaeon Credit. Plasticsurgery.org is also an excellent resource to view average pricing by geographic locale. I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all the best in your plastic surgery journey. Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS     CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck versus belt lipectomy.

In your particular situation you can make a case for either. Depending on your expectations and ability to tolerate a given scar your decision can be made. When you consult with your plastic surgeon the capabilities as well as deficiencies of the different techniques will be discussed.

Weight loss surgery

Usually massive weight loss  patients need more than a tummy tuck once they have lost all the weight. But, there are exceptions. Best to wait and see.

#extendedtummytuck #tummytuck #weightloss #buttocklift

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery and best of luck.

The idea of saving is a great idea. That said, the answer to your question will not really be able to be answered fully until after your weight loss due to

1) how much skin elasticity and recoil  after losing the weight cannot be predicted

2) expectations of outcome.

We prefer to stage an extended  abdominoplasty and a buttock lift/lateral thigh lift as separate procedures. Doing the whole thing at one time is a very long procedure(long anesthesia) ,  extended hospital stay, potential blood transfusions, surgical positioning is difficult. Doing the entire circumference requires a patient to lay on surgical flaps with concern about blood supply. You have competing vectors on the front and back and cannot get optimal skin excision.

Recovery is more difficult due to the extent of the procedure and patients comfort laying on the back or front. 

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Circumferential tummy tuck versus standard

Looking at your photographs, it appears you have a component of visceral fat which will necessitate weight loss.  I would recommend at least 35-50 lbs.  Once that occurs, you and your future surgeon will have a better idea what procedure you will need.

TT or belt lipectomy

Thank you for your questions and photos. The best course of action to take is to see how the weight comes off after the gastric sleeve. A lot of preparation and effort into dietary changes and lifestyle changes goes into weight loss surgery and this should not be underestimated. After the weight comes off and you have maintained a "maintainable" weight for 6 months, then consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in body contouring after weight loss. Any prediction of which procedure would be best for you would be a guess at this point. My advice is to focus on this gastric sleeve surgery, embrace a healthy lifestyle in both diet and exercise and see how it changes your body.

Best wishes, and Good Luck!

Lower body lift

Congrats on your upcoming sleeve. After you lose your desired amount of weight, you will want your ideal weight to be stable approx 6 months, then you will need to see some PS in consultation regarding removing the excess skin you will have at that time. Until you are at that point, seeing a PS is a little premature as you are likely about a year away from having post-bariatric body contouring procedures. 

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on getting the gastric sleeve.

It is not always easy to predict what kind of body contouring you may need. I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring and can tell you that most patients will usually need a lower body lift, arm lift, breast lift and thigh lift. Not everyone will do these although most eventually do so. Prices range considerably from region to region and doctor to doctor. 

You are lookin at anywhere from $13,000 to $30,000 depending on how many procedures you eventually get.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon