TT. Unsatisfied with the result. Excess skin/Thick vertical scar/Epigastric bulging/Scar positioned too high. Any fix? (Photo)

Tummy tuck (no lipo): diastasis recti (5cm)/umbilical hernia done 48 days ago. Surgeon said scar ENDS could not have been positioned lower or medical error. True? With swelling diminishing, noticed excess skin near pubis, especially when I bend. Profile not harmonious. Is it supposed to be look like this? How can it be fixed? When? US does not show any residual diastasis. Danger of a future early diastasis recidive since tummy is not totally flat at 2 months post-op? Should have used marlex?

TT. Unsatisfied with the result. Excess skin/Thick vertical scar/Epigastric bulging/Scar positioned too high. Any fix?

Have YOU compared the before to the after posted photos??? What a nice result is presented. But the level of your satisfaction seems to be much higher than might be able to be achieved from where you came.. Seek IN PERSON second opinions and be sure to bring photos of you before... 

Concerned about tummy tuck result

Thank you so much for your question about your tummy tuck.

Your photo suggest you have a lovely result with a tight, smooth tummy on standing.
There is always a little skin excess sitting down - but you are still swollen.

I don't see evidence that the hernia has returned - and marlex mesh while useful, if best avoided if not needed.
Let your surgeon know of your concerns but you seem to be doing well for less than 7 weeks post-op.

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

Unhappy after abdominoplasty

At 48 days you are only just now able to begin to work out your abdominal muscles.  Go tot he gym, get fit, and then seek an opinion from your surgeon for a scar revision.  You should not have to keep the large vertical portion, but the timing for revision will depend on when the scars are all fully mature (6-12 months).

Mesh probably would not have helped; it is good to know that the rectus diastasis has been corrected.

Tummy tuck revision

Dear Carol,

Thank you for the photos and history.  I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your tummy tuck result.  You have a significant improvement over your before photo, however, I do understand the desire to correct some of the issues that you have pointed out.  Removal of skin, lowering of scar, and revision of abdominal wall tightening will require a tummy tuck revision.  A full tummy tuck revision will allow these issues to be addressed.  You will receive a small vertical scar from your current belly button location since.  

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Too early to judge results of abdominoplasty.

There is a lot of convalescence ahead of you. I see no problems so far based on the photographs presented. Be patient.

Tummy tuck loose skin

You are very early after surgery. In my patience it takes at least 3 to 4 months before 90% of the swelling is gone and I get a true evaluation the final result. Give yourself time, talk to your plastic surgeon. I think you've had a remarkable change from your pre-op photos and I'm sure the surgeon that gave you that change can deal with a little extra skin.

Wendell Perry, MD

Abdominoplasty result

I think you had a difficult abdomen and now you have the makings of a very nice result.  You must be patient.  Any revision, if needed at all, should not be done before one year.   Be patient and enjoy your progress.  My Best,  Dr C

7 weeks

As I look at the photos I find myself looking at a very nice result. The only view that can reasonably be evaluated is the upright view.  There is nice and dramaticcorrection of the abdominal wall, and good correction of the excess skin. I don't see how this abdomen could be any flatter. 

The operation can only remove excess skin. Nothing can restore the lost elasticity. When sitting or bending forward, the chest and pelvis move closer together, and the same amount of skin is present, and it will buckle as your photos demonstrate. If the skin were tight when sitting, you would not be able to stand erect. 

At two months the scar is at its maximum in terms of thickness and redness, and it will take up to a year to mature and be at the minimum. Patience.