Am I going too far to want a TT, BBL, LIPO and BL/BA all at once? Is that too much for my body to handle at once?

Combination procedures

Thank you for your question. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time.  For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation.  This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma.  Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days.  By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the  sites of this UNSECO World Heritage City.  Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in. Whether you´re a good candidate will be determined by your medical record and if you´re helathy and fit for the amount of procedures. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Multiple procedures

I think this is too much surgery.  I am conservative and also believe that the maximum time for any procedure without heightened risk of morbidity is about five hours.  When you cross that line, the reality is that the potential for complications and need for revision escalates.  Also, many patients underestimate the consequences for recovery.  I recommend that you have the TT with liposuction first and then, based on your new body image, you can reassess as to breast size afterwards. Best wishes.

What can be performed in the same setting

thank you for your question. Many times what determines what can be done safely in one setting is based on how it will effect recovery and how long the surgeon or surgeons take to do the procedure. Now as far as a tummy being done at the same time as BBL, this is the standard in our practice as this allows for the surgeon to harvest the fat from the tummy tissue to also use in the BBl. In our practice it is also common to do all of what you are asking for in the same setting as we have several doctors that can work together to expedite the surgical process. As for helping with recovery we suggest also using experel for pain mgt. with the tummy tuck. But all of those procedures can be done at the same time. Best of luck.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, the extent of the procedures, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.  Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, many ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you. Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Am I going too far to want a TT, BBL, LIPO and BL/BA all at once? Is that too much for my body to handle at once

Generally a tummy tuck and BBL are not performed during the same surgery due to recovery reasons. After a tummy tuck with muscle repair, you are not going to want to be laying around on your stomach until it has time to heal. Same thing goes for a BBL. You will not be allowed to lay or sit on your butt for several weeks in order to give the fat grafting time to take and heal. This would only leave you able to lay on your side, which is probably not ideal to recover from these types of surgeries. I would suggest staging these procedures into two separate surgeries with ample time in between fro your body to recover. Please make sure you are consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It may be possible to complete all of your desired procedures, but in most surgeon's hands this will test the amount of time advisable for an aesthetically based case. An in-person examination is needed to make the best advice, so be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon

Deciding how many mommy makeover procedures can be done safely at one time.

The list of procedures you mention is formidable but it definitely doable in a carefully selected patient. Your overall health, size, and efficiency of the surgeon are all factors.

Multiple procedures

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are in good health and obtain clearance from your medical doctor, then you may be a candidate to have these surgeries in one surgical setting.  This is a decision that would definitely benefit from an in-person consultation.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Multiple procedures

I think that is too much for one day and one person in the operating room.  Best to stage some of it. Good luck. I like to do the abdominoplasty at a later time.

TT, BBL, LIPO, BA/BL AT ONE TIME

Thank you for the question.     Generally speaking I would say the time needed to do all of these procedures at once would require to much time under general anesthesia.   Cosmetic procedures should always be done safely first.     It would in most cases be more reasonable to do 2 different surgeries.          Good Luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon