Treatments for a defined, slimmer jawline? (Photo)

I'm 42yo woman. 5'6", weight 130lbs. Have always had a "fuller" face. Want a more lifted, defined and slimmer jawline. Also noticing jowling. What are my best non invasive options? Are ultherapy or Kybella a good fit? Any other suggestions?

Non-surgical options for a more defined jaw

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to say. There are a lot of great non-surgical options. Based on your photo, my gut would be that you'd do well with a bit of filler in the mid-face to lift the jowls as opposed to Kybella, but you will really need to be assessed in person.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for a defined, slimmer jawline

Thank you for your question.  There are good invasive and non invasive options.  Difficult to answer without an examination.  Fillers would be a good option.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.   Best wishes. 

Kybella

Thank you for your question in regards to Kybella. You have a few options for surgical and non-surgical procedures. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Treatments for a Slimmer #Jawline

There are a number of treatment options that can slim and define the jaw line. Some of this depends on how aggressive you want to be. Kybella and Coolsculpting Coolmini can reduce neck fullness. The Coolmini has an added benefit of being able to treat the sides of the neck, not just under the chin. I often use Botox to perform a Nefertiti lift. This is an easy, minimally invasive way to reduce jowling and help to better define the jawline.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Options for a fuller face?

Thank you for your question and sharing you pictures.  The good news is that you have multiple options potentially to address your concern, the bad news is that sometimes can be confusing.  It is always difficult to fully tell from images alone, but you do not appear to have a lot of submental (below the chin) fat or skin laxity, more the lateral fullness along the jawline.  I perform a "no-incision" laser lift combined with liposuction to define the jawline and the neck that can achieve natural results with minimal downtime.  Ultherapy would also be an option for you, depending on the degree of definition you desire.  Kybella more typically is used when there is prominent submental fat.  

I would be delighted to see you and discuss your options.   I offer complimentary consultations to the Real Self community.  In any case, I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist.

All my best, Dr. Elizabeth

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Treatments for a defined, slimmer jawline?

Your options include both surgical and non-surgical treatments. Neck liposuction can improve your jawline. If you are looking for non-operative options, Kybella will improve the central neck region, but is not indicated for treating the lateral jawline due to the risk of nerve injury.  Options for skin tightening and fat removal in this area include radio frequency, ultrasound and cryolipolysis. Radio frequency and ultrasound generally give more skin tightening than cryotherapy which is mainly used for fat removal.

I recommend two options: #1 Silhouette InstaLift mid face suspension sutures. #2 Thermi Smooth 250 RF sessions. Fees in $6,000 range.

What is best for fullness and laxity to the chin area?

It appears the fullness to your neck is more lateral than submental.   If that is the case, I would first start off with a CoolSculpt Mini session either side.  For the laxity we would want to later address that with either Ultherapy or possibly with ThermiRF with can address both laxity as well as bit of fat reduction as well.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

You would be a great candidate for Ultherapy

Thank you for your question and photo! Based on your photos and the treatment goals you mentioned, it sounds like Utlherapy would be a great option for you. Ultherapy is a non-invasive skin-tightening procedure that works by using ultrasound technology to heat the the skin and underlying tissues to create skin tightening and lifting.

Kybella is an injectable medication that helps to reduce double chins by destroying the fat cells permanently. Although an in-office consultation would be required to accurately assess your features, based on the photos you provided I don't think you need Kybella.

Ultimately, if you are interested in either procedure I recommend scheduling an in-person consultation with a practitioner familiar with both procedures to help you determine which treatment would be best for you.

I hope this answer is helpful. Best of luck!

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Neck Lift Non-Invasive

A combination of Thermage and Kybella would be the best approach to your neck.  You would definitely need two to three sessions of Kybella and a single Thermage treatment to help treat you.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green