Will my tip drop by itself to an extent? Is there anything that should be done now to help? (Photo)

I'm 9 days post op an open rhinoplasty. I don't like the way my tip is upturned and angled. I had specifically asked my surgeon NOT to give me an upturned tip as I don't think it flatters my face and it looks like I've "had my nose done". I've contacted the and waiting. worried because he told me my case was "challenging" at cast off and thta he put cadaver rib in. Any advice please! Will my tip drop to a more natural look, once swelling has gone or will the graft prevent this from happening?feeling sad

Upturned tip due to swelling

What you are experiencing is totally normal for 9 days post op. Your nose is swollen and this particularly affects the tip. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body continues to heal. If, at 6 months post op, you still don't like the tip then schedule an appointment to discuss with your surgeon.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rotation

Thank you for your question.  At 9 days out from surgery, it is very common to have the tip be upturned more than normal. This is simply because of swelling, and should settle as you continue to heal.  Swelling in the nose really takes anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to resolve.  As you have already said, be sure to continue and let your surgeon know about your concerns. 

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

9 days after Rhinoplasty.

Your nose will change over the next year. I am glad to hear that you reached out to the doctor, to share your concerns. 

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon