I'm thinking of having a tummy tuck w/BBL together. Are there better results if I choose to have them separately. (photos)

I am thinking about having a tummy tuck with a Brazilian butt lift together ;are there different results if I choose to have the Brazilian butt lift first and later get the tummy tuck. I am also in need of lipo suction to my inner thigh's and I would like fat grafted to my hips. What concerns should I have with these desires.

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is possible to have the two procedures done at once but you have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Suggested Combined Procedures

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. 

While these are the combined procedures that I often present as helpful to patients, the best thing to do would be to visit local board certified plastic surgeons to take this question directly to them during consultation. Then you would be able to find out the best options you have for combining the procedures that you desire for your planned results. Good luck!

Tummy tuck and BBL

Hello and thank you for your question.   You will find different answers to your question.  I do perform these procedures together in the appropriate patients.  Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A BBL can be performed at the same time for improved buttock and waist contour.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

BBL & Tummy Tuck

I prefer to stage these procedures for many reasons. Number one, it's safer and number two, it is a really difficult recovery when you combine the two. I would suggest having the BBL and liposuction first followed by the tummy tuck after you've completely recovered (anywhere from 3-6 months). Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Bbl and tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. You look like an excellent candidate for both. In your case I would suggest doing the liposuction and bbl first, followed by the tummy tuck no less than 3 months later.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon