Why my surgeon said he cant do revision because of necrotic tissue? (photo)

I had severe necrotic tissue. My stomach fell out in this area down to the muscle. My surgeon said it was due to my adhesive wrap rubbing on my skin. Which i didnt recall since i had on a huge tshirt. Now im left with this verryy painful huge belly button. My navel was never big!! The area looks horrible. I think i need to take legal action. He charged me also to do muscle repair and he said i has a hernia he needed to remove

Modified fleur de lis

You may be able to undergo a revision that will improve the appearance of your abdomen.  A revision abdominoplasty in which the skin flap is re-elevated and readvanced, removing the umbilical keyhole with a midline excision would be a possibility.  There would be a midline scar from your umbuilicus down to your transverse incision but overall you would be better.  

Why my surgeon said he cant do revision because of necrotic tissue?

Only in person second opinions would allow a determination of timing of the region surgery. As for legal action best to consult with an attorney but appears as you had complications NOT malpractice...

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that you are dealing with these issues.  Depending on the amount of time since your surgery, and the quality of the surrounding tissues, you may be a candidate for a belly button revision to improve the appearance, size, and firmness of the area.  Hope that this helps.

Necrosis following abdominoplasty

I am not sure how long it is since your surgery, but you should return to the surgeon, who can discuss your revision options. This result is clearly something that can and should be improved upon and your original surgeon should be willing to discuss this with you.

Scar around belly button

I would go back to your surgeon and discuss this with him.I don't know how much time has transpired from your surgery till now but I am sure he can revise this if the timing is right.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with healing.  
If yo have a "very painful belly button," you may have a recurrent belly button hernia or scar tissue.
If you do not feel comfortable talking with your plastic surgeon, you can seek a second opinion to be evaluated in-person.
Best regards.

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. My best suggestion: seek out additional opinions with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. Best wishes.