Would you all suggest a lift and an implant? I do not want a lift because I am afraid of scarring... (photos)

I'm 5'3", 27yo, 180lbs No kids Lost 50lbs

Would you all suggest a lift and an implant? I do not want a lift because I am afraid of scarring...

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift.A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, your surgeon will determine on a personal consultation how your scar’s going to be and where depending on your breast tissue amount, I suggest you to check testers with your surgeon about sizes and type of implant, Hugs!

Breast Lift with Implants and Scar Management

A breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy.
#FatGrafting is also another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast.
As far as lift techniques, I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than anchor pattern lift, which a majority of surgeons in the United States use and involves more significant scarring.

However, #BreastImplants without a #BreastLift is usually said to be mistake by many patients who reflect back on the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

Lift and implants

Implants will add volume to your breasts but they won't change the basic shape of your breasts.  They would look just like they do now only fuller.  A lift will give you a better shape to your breasts.  Based on your pictures, I would recommend a breast lift with or without the addition of implants. 

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Augmentation Mastopexy

Based on your photos, you need a breast lift.  In general, the start of any breast enhancement procedure usually begins with determining nipple location. Proper location of the nipple is determined by several methods, but an easy way to determine this yourself is to stand in a mirror and place your thumb under your breast in the fold between your breast and chest wall. Next, use your index finger to pinch your breast. In general, the index finger marks the location that your nipple should be. If the center of your nipple is above this point, you most likely don’t need a breast lift. However, if center of your nipple is at or below this position, you will look best with some type of breast lifting procedure. Based on your photos, you have a significant amount of breast sagging.  Many women in your position think that breast augmentation alone will lift the breasts but this is not the case.  Your breasts would be larger, but still sag against your chest wall and your nipples will still point down.  You will have your best outcome with a breast lift.  An implant can easily be placed during the procedure, but you also could consider staging the operations.  You can start with implants and if you are unhappy with the outcome, have the breast lift after you have healed.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Is breast lift needed?

Hello.  Based on what I can see in your photos, a lift would be needed to get the best result.  We do have some ways to help you heal with the best your scars can look, but I recommend that you ask your plastic surgeon to show you pictures of patients with and without a lift so that you can see the difference.  Good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

Breast lift with augmentation

A breast lift would give a more youthful shape to the breast and address the excess skin you have. A breast augmentation alone would only address the volume loss. You would get the best result with a breast lift and augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck.

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Would you all suggest a lift and an implant?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you have considerable breast ptosis - sagging, deflated breasts which would benefit from a breast lift (mastopexy) in addition to implants.  This would result in either an anchor or lollipop shaped scar.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Would you all suggest a lift and an implant? I do not want a lift because I am afraid of scarring.

In my opinion, in order for your to achieve the best looking breasts - you need an anchor lift with implants placed sub-muscular. That will give you perky and fuller breasts. Based on you photos- I do not recommend implants alone.