If you have a sit down office job, can you still return to work after 5 days from a Brazilian Butt Lift surgery?

BBL Return to Work Recommendations

The answer to your question depends upon the amount of fat transferred and the extent of the liposuction.  We recommend that our patients purchase a pillow which takes the pressure off the buttocks.  During your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon (BCPS), ask your specific questions.  Having seen you in person and discussed the outcome you are seeking, the BCPS can advise you on the time for recuperation and the options available at work for you not to sit for extended periods of time.  All the best!

If you have a sit down office job, can you still return to work after 5 days from a Brazilian Butt Lift surgery

Thank you for your question. My patients use the boppy/booty pillow for 2-3 weeks. Sit upright when going to the bathroom. I would not recommend prolonged sitting for at least 2-3 weeks after your procedure. Review with your Surgeons your Post op instructions and follow his recommendations. Best wishes

Hello Megrapp

We answered your wonderful question in the video above.

Please consult with an accredited, board certified surgeon. It is all about designing the perfect plan for you and your body!

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Each surgeon has their own post operative gudilines and protocols. I tell my patients not to sit or lay on theri buttocks for two weeks following surgery. It is best to ask your chosen surgeon. Best of luck. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Sitting after your BBL

Hi, thanks for your question. Your results could be compromised if you sit down after the 5th day of your procedure. At least 3 weeks, 4 weeks work better to sit down completely. You need to get a donut pillow to minimize the pressure on your buttocks. Please make sure to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly with your Plastic Surgeon. You and your PS need to be on the same page. Good luck in your PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL and sitting

I do not allow my patients to sit on their buttocks for at least two weeks. You  may want to get a special pillow so that you do not sit on your buttocks.

Sitting Down and Buttock Augmentation

You should really limit your sitting for the first to weeks to only 5 to 10 minutes at a time. 3 weeks is better. 

Leo Lapuerta, MD

I recommend that you refrain from sitting down for more than 30 minutes straight in the first 1-2 weeks. People recover at different rates and how much you transfer may also factor in.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Thank you for the question. I ask patients to wait at least 3 weeks prior to returning to work. This should allow for sufficient healing time so as to avoid significant soreness or complications. If you must sit it is important to use something that will keep your weight off the area of fat transfer and place it on the back of the thighs while you are in the sitting position. A memory foam pillow or any other type of pillow can be useful for this purpose. Having said that, each surgeon has their own style in the post operative management of the patient. I would therefore recommend you discuss this with your chosen surgeon or at the time of initial consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon of your choosing. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sitting job, one week after Brazilian butt lift

I ask my patients to not sit for 2 full weeks.  Some have returned to work after one week and have used a "standing desk" that you can get from staples or office depot which elevates your desktop to standing level, or a kneeling chair. If those are not possible for some reason, then a pillow behind your thighs to off load the buttocks is next best.  Discuss this with your surgeon and ask if they have any other suggestions for your particular situation. I hope this helps and best wishes.