Shortened up turned nose solution? (Photos)

I am 3 months post op rhinoplasty! I don't like my nose ! It s too short and up turned tip very small for my face ! Can this be fixed by revision!? Howmuch do you think I can get a good result !? Tanx

You may try fillers first

The pictures before surgery would be helpful. The easiest thing would be to try filler to build out the dorsum and base of the nose to correct this temporarily. You should wait at least 6-12 months for revision surgery.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lengthening the nose after overzealous rhinoplasty.

The angle between the columella in the lip is a bit too open. The nose can be lengthened but this generally requires a dorsal onlay graft. My preference is a very thin pieces Medepore sheeting. I would postpone any revision will surgery for several more months.

Concerned about a short nose after surgery

It is important to share your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Fillers can help soften some of your concerns temporarily. I would recommend waiting a year before you have a revision.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to contact your surgeon with any questions or concerns you may have because they are your best resource and know your anatomy and surgery best. You are still very early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

You are still very early in the post-op healing/recovery period. I tell all my patients that it will take at least 1 full year for the swelling to resolve. Your nose will continue to change and improve. If after a year you still are having concerns with your nose, revision procedures can then be discussed. There are many techniques to correct what you are describing, but you will need to wait a year to be evaluated. Be patient!

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shortened up turned nose solution?

Thank you for your question, More time needed for swelling 3 to 6months you need time for your recovery. 

If you underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise.

If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Hello and thank you for your question. At three months, you are still swollen.  I recommend that you return to your primary surgeon and share your concerns.  Hopefully that will help.  If you are still concerned after doing that, then seek a second opinion.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD