Is severe pockets of fluid/bruising normal after calf circumference reduction?

I had calf lipo sculpture on Wednesday. It's Saturday evening. today has been the worst day of swelling ever! I'm afraid 2 walk around 2 much because I walked a lot yesterday and I think it aggravated the swelling! I woke up with 2 huge long bruises on the inside of my ankles&right above them are these squishy warm pockets of fluid. incisions were made well above these areas. I sent pics & asked the nurse if these were seromas & she said probably not and that its just swelling. Is this normal!

You will have swelling in that area for quite some time. Please follow your post operative instructions and wear your compression garments.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Unlikely cause for concern

It's still very soon after your procedure, and swelling is definitely normal. Extended periods of walking will cause the swelling to increase. Wearing a compression garment will help reduce the swelling and move lymphatic fluid around. The long bruises are most likely a result of the cannula, which is the instrument used for lipo sculpture. If a few more days pass and the swelling gets worse, then you should contact an expert. Always make sure that any procedure is performed by a board certified plastic surgeon and that your doctor is aware of your post-operative recovery process.

Not likely seroma

It is normal to swell to a certain extent in the areas that surround the liposuction because of local movement of the fluid.  It its also common to have generalized swelling because of the fluid shift that is occurring globally.  All of this will resolve.  Some in the first few weeks, some over 6 months.

Post VASER Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling - Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy; Add Vaquish

is normal after liposuction. Walking, lymphatic massage, compression toes to knees, and hyperbaric oxygen are essential to this area.  In a few weeks start RF treatments like exilis/venus legacy with shock therapy such as z wave or cellutone.  Best, Dr. Emer