Seroma; I'm 2 weeks post op and fluid is building ion my abdominal area?

I'm 2 weeks post op and fluid is building ion my abdominal area. How do I get it drained or how long does it take for my body to absorb this fluid. It seems like a lot .. And does my Faja help drain this fluid?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Seroma

Seromas need to be drained in person by your plastic surgeon who performed the procedure.  It will involve a small needle to tap the fluid and drain it.  A binder will not take care of this.  Call your surgeon today, as the longer they go undrained, the more likely they are to persist.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon