How soon is too soon to seek laser scar treatment after tattoo removal with Tatt2away?

I have a full sleeve tattoo. I wanted to remove a large portion of it on my forearm to make room for a cover up. I had 4 laser treatments with Picoway and wasn't real impressed with the results. I also couldn't stomach another laser treatment. I became impatient and decided to try Tatt2away. The outer part of my forearm is healing really well. The inner part is has super red spots that are slightly raised. It has been four months since treatment. Is it too soon to seek laser scar treatment?

I do not recommend Tatt2away because of the risk of scarring.

Q-Swtiched or Picosecond tattoo removal properly performed should be effective for your tattoo.  You can have painless tattoo removal if the tattoo is treated with local or tumescent anesthesia before tattoo laser treatment.  Depending on the colors of ink in your tattoo, you may need treatment with other wavelengths of laser light such as 755nm (red), ruby laser 694nm, 650nm or yellow 585nm.  Deep tattoos may require factional ablative laser, prior to using a Q-Switch or Pico laser in order to release ink that has been placed deeply in the skin. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

I suggest posting photos for further assessment. Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers, we will often combine with fractional lasers to help speed the process. Treatment is recommended in 4-6 week intervals so that the skin has time to heal before the next treatment. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist regarding any laser concerns. Best, Dr. Emer