Getting rid of double chin?

I have some extra fat on my chin that I want to get rid of... I'm horrified of needles, so non-invasive would be best. What's the best procedure for getting rid of this horrendous double chin? It seems SculpSure is the latest trend for love handles, but do they do chins?? Is it safe?

Kybella

Thank you for your question, jbennet427. No, SculpSure is not safe for treating chins. A safe, non-invasive and very effective option is Kybella. Kybella addresses the "double chin" in a short in-office treatment that then provides a minimal recovery period. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question!
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question!
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Options to treat a double chin

Excess fat under the chin is a common problem.  This can be treated reliably by liposuction with or without laser, coolsculpting coolmini, and kybella.  The only option to avoid needles would be the coolmini device.  It is a suction device that reduces fat through freezing.  Kybella involves multiple sessions of injections that reduce fat under the chin.   Best to consult with a physician who performs all the different types of treatments or to get multiple opinions to find out which option is best for you.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Options to treat a double chin

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Double Chin

I would use CoolMini- it is by Zeltiq.  Basically a suction device sits under your chin for about an hour, no needles, no discomfort, no downtime.

Over several weeks you will see your 'double chin' disappear.

A great treatment with excellent results!

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alternative to Kybella

Thank you for your question jbennett427. I understand your concern. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Kybella is injected using a needle. Cool Sculpting is a treatment that works without needles and may be an alternative depending on the person.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alternative to Kybella

Kybella

Kybella is going to be the best option for treating your double chin. It was literally designed for exactly that, but it does involve needles. Otherwise, depending on the amount of fat in the area, liposuction or CoolSculpt. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar 

Kybella

Kindly,

Kouros Azar 

Variety of options

There are a variety of options that exist to address the double chin. Kybella is a noninvasive treatment for the chin(does involve needles) and it dissolves the fat. It requires about 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart. 
Sculpsure can be a solution but placing the handpiece under the chin might be tricky to do.
At the end of the day, liposuction is a great consideration to produce faster results. I would recommend a consultation to determine the best treatment for you. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Variety of options

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of double chin?

The newest laser indication for chin/neck fat is the CoolSculpt® laser with a smaller hand piece. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.  

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Getting rid of double chin?

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Best way to Treat a Chin Issue

Thanks for your question.  We are lucky there are so many great options out there right now for treating issues with your chin and neck.  If you are afraid of needles I would recommend looking at CoolSculpting.  If you can handle a needle you might do well with Kybella.  If you have a good amount of fat your best option though might be liposuction.   Work with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to have this face to face discussion and physical examination. 

Wishing you the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Best way to Treat a Chin Issue

Wishing you the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Non-invasive treatment of the double chin

The Cool mini would be the non-invasive way to treat the double chin.  Find a Plastic surgeon with all the options available to get advised appropriately.