Rhinoplasty with rib grafting. Is there a way to make it look more natural and lay a little flatter? (Photo)

I am 8 weeks post rhinoplasty and I had rib grafting and it was place in my bridge starting between my eyes but you can see where the line start and the bone looks squished in. I absolutely hate it, it doesn't look natural at all. Is there a way make it look more natural and lay a little flatter and not have the bone protrude so much? Will I have to get another rhinoplasty to fix that? I hope not!

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty at 8 weeks

At 8 weeks you are still healing. It can take a year or more for the swelling to subside. Best of luck.

Too soon to judge results

I am so sorry that you are unhappy. The good news is that it is way too soon to judge your results. Your nose is still swollen and healing. It will take anywhere from 6 months to a year for your final results so for now, just be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. Things will improve.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with Rib Graft

You have a lot of healing ahead of you. It generally takes up to a year to see the final results. When grafts are used often time they may hold onto swelling in the area longer. watching your salt and geting lymphatic drainage treatments may help. If the appearance is really driving you crazy, discuss with your surgeon the possibility of injecting a hyaluronic acid filler into the area. This can help to make you feel more comfortable as the healing process progresses.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon