I'm having a revision on flanks. When this is done (flankplasty) does it make your stomach look smaller?

Does anyone know about Flankplasty? 29 Sep 2016 •6 months post I already had a tummy tuck but the flanks sucked so I'm having a revision on flanks. When this is done (flankplasty) does it make your stomach look smaller? Does it make a difference in the look of your stomach. I'm starting to question is it worth it. SMH

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #Tummytuck

Hello newbeast, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you.  If you decide to seek a second opinion, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person, preferably one who has these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.

I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Never heard of a

Flankplasty, I am assuming you are talking about some flank lipo and maybe a revision of some dog ears from your original TT. contouring your flanks properly will give your silhouette a better look from the front, but if you still look big on profile view(your abdomen), doing the flanks won't help.