My bridge is too high, it looks unnatural. Will it start to blend in with my skin or will it stay sculptured this way? (Photo)

I am 9 weeks post rhinoplasty. I know that I still have some swelling but from what I know most swelling is gone after 6 weeks. I am unhappy with my bridge, it's up too high, it looks unnatural and too sculpted. Will it start to blend in with my skin or will it stay sculptured this way? How hard will it be to get it moved down?

Is Bridge too High?

I would suggest discussing your concerns with your doctor. It takes a full year for all the swelling to leave the nose. During this time noses will often shift and settle and look different than they did early on.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Easy fix

You are still too early to have the final result, but after the final healing is competed (which we usually say at about 12 months) then you can decide what to do and if you want the rib graft lower then that can be done.  Ask your plastic surgeon about your concern.

Andre Aboolian, MD

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Blending rib graft shaoe

Thank you for the question and photo.  It may be that as time passes some of the graft softens.  If it does not you have two main options.  Revision rhinoplasty or non surgical rhinoplasty placing some filler to soften the edges of the graft.  The filler option can be done in the office and may be a good thing to moderate the appearance while the nose is healing.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD