What would be the best procedure for me? Lipo or Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

Hi,You are an ideal candidate for both combined Lipo and  Tummy Tuck,called Lipoabdominoplasty,if you do lipo alone the sagging skin will bunch up and look ugly,the combination will give you very satisfactory results

Thangavel Ayyappan, MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from an Abdominoplasty with liposuction to your hips and back. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

Hello and thanks for using RealSelf.My opinion is that a tummy tuck would give you much better results than liposuction alone.  Your skin is loose and I do see some laxity to your tummy muscles.  Liposuction alone will leave you even more loose skin.  A tummy tuck will include some liposuction, tightening of the abdominal muscles and removal of all the excess loose skin.Good luck to you.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question. You appear to have abdominal muscle and skin laxity which makes you a good candidate for a Tummy tuck procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Liposuction or tummy tuck? Which is the best procedure?

From your photographs it is quite clear that you have muscle and skin laxity that calls for a full tummy tuck procedure.  Liposuction can be done at the same procedure in the hip roll area to narrow your waist and hips.  Liposuction alone will leave your muscle laxity and loose skin and would probably provide minimal benefit.  Best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck better than liposuction when there is loose skin

Both a tummy tuck and liposuction will reduce the fat layer, but when the skin has some laxity (as I see in the photos) lipo can make it worse. Go for the full tummy tuck.

Richard Baxter, MD

Thank you for your question and the photos. You look like  great candidate for a full TT with some lipo in desired areas. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck vs liposuction

Difficult to tell from photos - appears you don't have a lot of superficial fat under the skin. An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to determine muscle and skin laxity as well as internal fat. That way, your options and expectations can be discussed better.

Lots of options for contouring

Thanks for your question and the photos. Since you are taking pics at the gym you are clearly motivated. Liposuction will help contour things by removing excess fat that is under the skin and above the muscle. It will not remove or tighten skin nor will it tighten the muscle. Consideration must be given for current weight, history of or plans for pregnancy and overall health. An exam is essential by a qualified plastic surgeon to really help clear this up. Use the Smart Beauty Guide to help find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that is an ASAPS member and specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD