At what point could a PS assess my breast implants and tell me if I have other options?

At what point post op can you consult with a surgeon to discuss breast aug revision? I am 2 months post-op and unhappy with the placement of my breasts. I would like s surgeon to assess if they can give me a more aesthically pleasing look. Will they be able to assess at 9-10 weeks post op? If not, when should I wait?

When can I have a breast implant revision done?

Please talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns, as I'm sure he/she would want you to be happy.  

In general, I won't do breast implant revisions for at least 6 months, and preferably even 9-12 months after surgery. It just depends on the problem.

Best regards, and good luck.
Dr. K

When to have a revision

I would have my patients wait at least 4 months to see if it improves with time. Be patient and hang in there. Sometimes a high riding implant will drop slowly. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

It is best to allow your body to heal itself and for implants to settle before seeking revisionary surgery. Please be patient and give yourself at least 6 months. You are still early in the healing process and subject to changes. Hang in there.
Best  wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Timing for breast augmentation revision

Without an examination or photographs, it is difficult to give a precise answer, however in the vast majority of cases I recommend that patients wait at least 4-6 months before considering a revision.  There are often significant changes that occur after the first month or two and operating too early can create other unfavorable changes.  As with many types of cosmetic procedures, patience is a very important virtue.   I would suggest that you speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns.  If you need additional piece of mind, consider scheduling an appointment with a Board-Certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.  Best wishes!

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Results from breast augmentation

You did not include a picture or a description of what it is that you are unhappy about.  I tell patients that I don't evaluate results from any surgery for three to six months.  If your implants are sitting too high, they may still drop.  If they are otherwise distorted then it may be an issue that won't change in three to six months.  You can see a plastic surgeon for an evaluation at any time.  I think that scheduling an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and discuss what it is that makes you unhappy about your results would be a good option for you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD