Pock marks, pimples, and fine lines. Peel, microdermabrasion, or laser? (Photo)

What's the best method to get rid of acne scars, help reduce acne, and fine lines at the same time without breaking the bank?

Pock marks, pimples, and fine lines. Peel, microdermabrasion, or laser?

For best results I would recommend doing a series of chemical peels with no downtime (one every 4-6 weeks) or a facial every month until you get your acne under control. Have a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist. Chemical peels are excellent for treating fine lines and wrinkles, acne, rough texture, enlarged pores, loss of firmness, post-acne scars and uneven skin tone.

You can also try using chemical peels sold in stores, such as Sephora. My in-office Alpha Beta® Professional Peelspatented formula of peels uses a blend of acids at low concentrations to deliver maximum benefits without irritation, dryness, or flaking.

Acne scars can be treated with a laser. The Smoothbeam is an FDA approved laser for treatment of acne and acne scars on the face and body. This treatment has no pain and no downtime. This is an excellent treatment for hard to treat acne. The number of treatments would depend on the patient's scarring but you would most likely need more than one session.

Fine lines and acne marks - ? best treatment

The latest and most cost effective treatment for mild to moderate line and pock marks would be microneedling.
It is relatively painless, with very little downtime or risk of side effects.  It would probably require several treatments over several months.  A variety of fractionated minimally invasive lasers would also be effective with somewhat greater cost and some down time.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Fine lines and Acne and Scars NYC

Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and microneedling are some of the best way to treat fine lines, acne, and scars.  These treatments are highly effective and less expensive than laser therapy.  Deep scars are the only areas which will need more complicated treatments.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Chemical peel

A chemical peel such as the vi peel can deal with acne and fine lines.cThe acne scars can be treated with the q switched yag or picosure laser. These lasers do not have downtime and will less expensive than laser resurfacing. I prefer the vi peel which is safe for any coor of skin.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon