Is there anything else I can do to help the pigment come back or even out?

I had a breast lift 1year ago. I had complications which caused an infection. The complications started after my stitches were removed to early. Once I finally healed I was left with uneven pigmentation at the incision line. The scar is very smooth and not raised. I have tried scar treatment jail that was given to me by my PS. Is there anything else that will help? All the light spots are where the stitches were replaced. Yes they did reopen :(

Options for pigmentation

When you face this situation you have several options, one is to tatto the area, another one is to get a revision and finally you can use creams to try to even the area but this is not the method that i think it will help with your pigmentation, try t schedule a consuktation for a plastic surgeon so you can choose why it will be the best for your case. Good Luck!

Options for pigmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scar Treatment

Thank you for your question. Given that it's been a year, your best bet may be to have the scars revised - just to cut them out and to sew them back together. This can be done easily in the office, with some numbing medication (lidocaine). Or, you can go to a medical tattoo artist who can help to even out the pigment - you will still have a scar, but it will be less noticeable pigment-wise. I would suggest having a discussion with your plastic surgeon, and an in-person examination to make the best decision. Best of luck! 

Anthony J. Taglienti, MD
Smithtown Plastic Surgeon

Scar Treatment

Anthony J. Taglienti, MD
Smithtown Plastic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question. At one year the hypo pigmentation is now really permanent. Have you considered tattooing to disguise or camouflage the area.
Hope this helps,
Good luck.

Richard Hanson, MB, MCh, FRCS(plast)
Dublin Plastic Surgeon

Hope this helps,
Good luck.