Would Permalip be the best option for me? (Photo)

Which would help me more Permalip or a lip lift?

Lip Implant vs Lip Lift Procedure - which to consider ?

Thank you for your question. This is a common question with regard to lip enhancement; whether to consider lip augmentation or a lip lift.  Various options for permanent lip enhancement are available. Each option carries its own set of relative advantages and drawbacks. Lip Implants may be a reasonable option for those individuals who are seeking permanent lip enhancement or for those who have not been satisfied with the longevity of effect afforded by hyaluronic acid fillers. The Lip Lift procedure can effectively decrease the length of the skin of the upper lip. This maneuver restores or imparts a more aesthetically pleasing appearance and balance to the lips. While the lip lift can increase the perceived volume of the upper lip, that is not its primary goal. When size enhancement is the primary goal, other options for lip augmentation should be considered. Some individuals may benefit from both a lip lift as well as lip augmentation. In those cases, one may consider a step wise approach in which the lip lift is undertaken first and allowed to heal before judging how much additional augmentation may be most appropriate in one's situation. Consider consultation with a board-certified facial surgeon to discuss your concerns and goals and which options may be best for you.

Permalip implant or lip lift

Thank you for asking about your Permalip implants and lip lift.
  • One can't really have an opinion without an exam and measurements.
  • The Permalip implants will give fullness to the red lip.
  • The lip lift will shorted the distance between the nose and the red lip.
  • Some people need both done to look the way they want to look.
  • I suggest a consultation with a plastic surgeon to decide what you think is best for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS