Is it possible to get the "too perfect to be real" look in a swimsuit, but natural in clothes, without a tear drop shape?

I like more of the "perfectly round" look, much like what an 18 year old with a full c would have. Good cleavage, nice and round, can wear a triangle bikini top without the breast being too heavy, but not too large, where I look heavy in a sweater. I have a little sag from nursing but not too much. 5'7, 135ish, what would you suggest for the "too perfect to be natural" look?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  You can obtain a very nice result with both round and anatomic implants and the choice of which to use will depend on your anatomy and exact desired goals.  This is the importance of an in-person examination to obtain key breast measurements and have an in-depth discussion as to your ultimate results.  From there the best implants can be recommended and the appropriate size determined in the office.  Hope that this helps.

• Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, much of the final look and feel achieved after breast augmentation surgery depends on several factors:

• 1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

• 2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing long-term well-placed breast implants. Careful measurements (dimensional planning) and careful selection of breast implant size/profile are part of the surgeon's responsibilities.

I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone) or model (low/moderate/high profile) of implant.

• 3. The type of implant used may determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. In other words, if a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.  In your case, you have a significant amount of breast tissue present  that should provide adequate "coverage" of whichever breast implant type you select.

• 4. The size and model of breast implant used may make a significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “too perfect to be natural look” or “full C cup” etc. are not helpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
  • I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation concerns), helps. Best wishes.