Why do I have this pain after gyno surgery? (photos)

I had gynocomastia surgery about 2 years ago and still have this sharp pain in my back when i lay a certain way. Also have extra tidsue or a fat on the sides right under my arm pits like all the extra tissue just moved to the sides. The surgeon did the drastic surgery whete i now have 2 thin scars on my chest under the chest. Also looks like a scar on my back as if lipo was done there. My armpits feel out if place as well as my posture.

I would recommend an in person evaluation with your surgeon to examine the area and make sure it healed properly.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Post-Op Healing and Pain

It is normal to experience numbness around the areola and chest. As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding.

As with all operations, pain and discomfort varies greatly from patient to patient. Generally, one should expect that pain medication will be required for the first several days. Continuing discomfort can last varying amounts of time.

Considering the fact that the complete healing process can take over a year at times there is a possibility that the changes made during your procedure are still settling into place. However, with regular pain still occurring it would likely be a good idea to visit your previous surgeon to have an examination to ensure that healing completed properly and that nothing is out of place. Good luck!